User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikon sigma 10-20 Price Where to Buy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were quoted what we asked for in the first place (can't remember the quote off hand), but took a week to get back to them, and still waiting on their reply now.
    Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagubun View Post
    Should be interesting to see what Tikira gets quoted - maybe its an individual one off thing and theyre starting to balk at multiple requests for price matching on one particular lens.. interesting developments
    Bit disappointed as it is kinda of misleading in what they say on the website. I am waiting to a manager gets back on Monday in Melbourne. Its a pretty bold statement on their site and no terms that state other prices other than the price match.

We will match, through our authorised Sigma dealer network, any legitimate advertised internet price on Sigma lenses by these grey importers.
    But dont want to create to much of an issue as they could pull the statement and make it harder for others to get similar deals.
    Newbie to the world of Digital Gear: Nikon D60 - 18-55mm - 55 - 200mm - SB400 - New Sigma 10-20mm
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/vk5mmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to order mine in next couple of days.
    Got reply back from CR Kennedy this afternoon that they'll match the price for Sigma 70-200 f2.8 II plus 1.4x teleconverter.
    It was just under $1300 plus shipping, which is pretty good price considering most retailers sell 70-200 lens alone for around that price and you get local warranty.
    They can be little slow to respond to your email but it's well worth waiting.

Cheers,
    Young.
    Last edited by ch00su; 12-06-2009 at 11:45pm.
    "you must unlearn what you have learned" - Master Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Im thinking is that we have a market gap here .

What if people like us could pick a lens we want then go to a website in Australia that promises to deliver within 5 working days and match 'grey' prices and responds to your email within 24 hours and offer an Australia wide warranty.

It would take a big up front investment though to be able to buy in bulk etc to get the products to Australia at a price you can make a reasonable level of profit from to maintain a vibrant business, or would it ?

Maybe if said business owners were prepared to take a smaller profit margin and didnt have the overhead costs of a C R Kennedy, for example, it would be worth looking at.

Hmmm....

Meantime, I am going to whack off an email to C.R Kennedy and see what they can do about matching the grey prices for the Sigma APO 120-400MM F.4.5 -5.6 DG OS HSM lens.
    Comments and CC welcome..

Gear: Canon 6D & 1Ds Cameras l Canon EF 17-40mm F 4.0 L USM l Canon EF 24-105mm F4.0 L IS USM l Canon EF 70 - 200 F4.0 L USM Lenses I Manfrotto Tripods I Adobe Photoshop CS6 l Lightroom 3.0 I Lee Filters

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust 1871 - 1922

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have now ordered our lens, no problems, but he had quoted us in early June when we first asked if he would price match. We just sent a link to the site we found the lens on and asked for a possinble price match. Clem Kennedy replied. We had to contact him again, (very politely), and he replied within an hour. So now hopefully all goes smoothly for us. The only annoyance is they are posting, so it will be slower than a courier.
    Di

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they rang me again and I am picking one up direct for $660. I am happy with that price and they seem to really try to compete, but think they have alot of stock at some older pricing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm intersted in the outcome of this - am looking for speed in low light and am wondering wether to go the Tokina way - very expensive or go sigma - which is considered low. Just procuring a Nikon D90 and need a lens to attache the sigma could be the one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have just received our new Siggy 10-20 in the mail today from CR Kennedy. We only paid for it on Monday and it arrived today, so can't fault the delivery service. All appears good, but I had to work (bummer) and couldn't try it out, except in the house. We hope to take some photos this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ut oh. All these positive outcomes with C R Kennedy are not going to make it any easier for me to be 'responsible' and wait awhile to order a Sigma 10-20mm for my Canon because I only got my Siggy 24-70MM 2.8 a week ago. Hmm, hows that credit card lookin

Good for you guys, bet you cant wait to get out there and get that lens humming.

LETS SEE SOME PICS SOON EH.
    Last edited by David; 18-06-2009 at 7:58am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking at the Sigma 150mm MACRO for some time. This thread got me interested if CR Kennedy would price match this lens for me.

I email them last weekend and they sent me an email yesterday that matched the price.

For me that is excellent and shows that they mean what they write.

Cheers,
    Michael

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikira View Post
    We have just received our new Siggy 10-20 in the mail today from CR Kennedy. We only paid for it on Monday and it arrived today, so can't fault the delivery service. All appears good, but I had to work (bummer) and couldn't try it out, except in the house. We hope to take some photos this weekend.
    I guess the weekend has come and gone - how did you get on with the lens - meet expectations - i've just invested in an epson r2880 printer and am busy calibrtating screen and printer, looking good just need a wide angle for those landscapes - as a temporary measure i ended up with a nikor 18 - 55

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We managed to get out on Monday and Wayne had a lot of fun playing with his new toy. We tried to upload photo's, but photobucket was in a bad mood, so he will do it tonight or tomorrow. It certainly is different to use, so will be trial and error for a while, but he is very happy with it.
    Di

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you Di and Wayne. Lets see some uploads soon-

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got mine today and wow what a lense. They are very robust and solid. Wait for the photos hopefully soon

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Wait for the photos hopefully soon
    Over an hour now ------ ---- digital images are instant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wayne has posted a couple of shots in the "architectural" area that he took yesterday with the Sigma 10-20
    Di

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Over an hour now ------ ---- digital images are instant.
    Lol yeah yeah it took over a week in the end - Some of my shots with the new lens is posted recently in the architectural section too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The penny has dropped

Thanks for that guys now I really understand the usefulness of such a wide lens - you can get in real close.

Cheers
    Tom

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is $850 from European Cameras in Sydney.

http://www.cameras.net.au/index.php?...352eefd0681380
    Margaret

Fuji XT2 Manfrotto MF 055XPROB Pro Tripod & gynbal head, Fuji 18-55 mm, Fuji 14 mm, Fuji 55-200 mm, Fuji 80 mm macro, Fuji 60mm macro, Fuji 100-400 mm, SB600 Speedlight, Photoshop, Lightroom on a Mac, Critiques welcomed

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to you and C R Kennedy

Was about to purchase a Sigma 120-400 lense from an Internet supplier, but decided to check the forum just prior to purchase.

Adelaide quote = $1400
    Internet $970 plus delivery
    Cr Kennedy with Australian Warranty = $1033.00

Thanks for the info. C R Kennedy very quick (over night) to finalise deal.

Now just awaiting delivery

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast