User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikon sigma 10-20 Price Where to Buy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikon sigma 10-20 Price Where to Buy?

Just wondering if anyone knows where the best price to buy the sigma 10-20 would be?

Im in Adelaide if there is somewhere local or can someone suggest somewhere online with the best deal.
    Newbie to the world of Digital Gear: Nikon D60 - 18-55mm - 55 - 200mm - SB400 - New Sigma 10-20mm
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/vk5mmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Seven.
    Did you read the replies to a question we asked about the Sigma 10-20? Some of these could be very helpful to you. We only noticed tonight there is a new Sigma 10-20 out a Sigma 10-20 3.5 lens, i think, but have not been able to find prices for it yet.

We are also trying to find the best prices for the Sigma 4-5.6 lens at the moment.

Link to our post is below
    http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ad.php?t=31294

Good luck
    Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also try the 'best price' sites like www.staticice.com.au and www.shopbot.com.au
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This link below will give you a pretty thorough lens reveiw for the Sigma 10-20

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/...-20_4-5p6_n15/

For a comparitive lens ( some have this one instead of the Sigma) you can look at the Tamron 10-24MM reveiw here

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/...4_3p5-5p6_n15/

And there is of course the Canon if you are running off a Canon body here.

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Ca...FS/index.shtml

There will a Nikon in that focal length range for comparison too Im sure-

Bottom line for me was the Canon is the better glass but costs alot more and Im going with the Sigma, but others have been equally happy with the Tamron apparently.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION MAKING.

David.
    Last edited by David; 03-06-2009 at 11:42pm.
    Comments and CC welcome..

Gear: Canon 6D & 1Ds Cameras l Canon EF 17-40mm F 4.0 L USM l Canon EF 24-105mm F4.0 L IS USM l Canon EF 70 - 200 F4.0 L USM Lenses I Manfrotto Tripods I Adobe Photoshop CS6 l Lightroom 3.0 I Lee Filters

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust 1871 - 1922

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems that on eBay is the cheapest for around $650 delivered. Just dont have any problems or it costs alot back for freight etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ebay prices range between 630-750 delivered but most if not all of them are 'grey' stock coming from OS and there may be issues if the lens needs recalibrating etc.

At the moment your going to pay 100.00 (at least) more for one with an Australian based 12 month warranty etc and you go to places like PhotoContinental, Teds Cameras, Rainers or whatever.

Im waiting until the reported 10-20 2.8 comes on the market assuming the other 10-20mm is going to drop in price when the whoopdeedoo 2.8 is available and 'supercedes' the old one. The fella at Photo Continental has heard of the 2.8 10-20mm but knows nothing about availability or price for the new gen 10-20 Siggy yet. Im sitting on my hands for awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Seven,

If looking at sigma,

Check out this link.http://www.crkennedy.com.au/v1/index...grey%20market&

The bottom paragraph states that they will price match on Grey market imports, through their authourised network. So you get your cake and eat it too

I have seen a couple of people on another forum take them up on this and all went well.
    Neil
    My Story: www.neilcowling.com.au
    Nikon D700, D300
    Glass: 12-24, 24-85, 24-120, 50 1.4, Tamron 90Macro, 70-200.

CC most welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havent floated the grey import price past your mates at Kennedy yet Neil, might have to do that soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have obtained a price through CR Kennedy of $605 + $45 postage, which was matching the price we found at an Internet store for a grey import and comes with their warranty. So we think it was worth the email.

We plan to order this lens later this week, as we would like to get to know it before our next holidays. We will let you know how this lens turns out over the next few weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whoa. thats a real good deal.
    i had placed an order from an Australian site for this lens (at what i thought was a good price) and am now in the process of canceling the order to go speak to CR Kennedy!

any chance you could give me the web address of the internet store that you used to get this price?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikira View Post
    We have obtained a price through CR Kennedy of $605 + $45 postage, which was matching the price we found at an Internet store for a grey import and comes with their warranty. So we think it was worth the email.

We plan to order this lens later this week, as we would like to get to know it before our next holidays. We will let you know how this lens turns out over the next few weeks.
    Sent them an email yesterday and I am wondering if I pick it up what they would say. I could only find one for 609 so looks like I will a wait there email reply or call tomorrow.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilC View Post
    Hi Seven,

If looking at sigma,

Check out this link.http://www.crkennedy.com.au/v1/index...grey%20market&

The bottom paragraph states that they will price match on Grey market imports, through their authourised network. So you get your cake and eat it too

I have seen a couple of people on another forum take them up on this and all went well.
    Should of said cheers for that info before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    650.00 delivered is a very good price I would have thought for a lens with a local warranty and service option: not much more than what you would have paid for it pre Xmas when the price this lens jumped 3-400 dollars. Still, I wait for the reported 2.8 version to come out and that might drop the price of the 'old' version down some more

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting on the powers that be approve my purchase over here, but might find out very soon if I am getting the same sort of deal. Appears its better dealing direct with Melbourne sales office.

Have to take some photos of 2 houses this week and I am hanging out for this new addition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i canceled my order of a 10-20 to go to CR's, and they were more than happy to honor the $609 (plus delivery) price.

i am in WA and CR's here are getting the lens from Melbourne, hopefully mine will be here sometime this week so i can have a muck around with it before heading to NZ!

thanks for the heads up on this CR Kennedy offer, saved myself some good cash!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nedwab View Post
    i canceled my order of a 10-20 to go to CR's, and they were more than happy to honor the $609 (plus delivery) price.

i am in WA and CR's here are getting the lens from Melbourne, hopefully mine will be here sometime this week so i can have a muck around with it before heading to NZ!

thanks for the heads up on this CR Kennedy offer, saved myself some good cash!
    You blokes are havin more luck than me, still waiting 4 days for an answer and I am trying the 609 price as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too are still waiting on a reply after 3 days to our request to purchase and will be following up tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to buy

Hi Seven - I purchased one of these (4-5.6 version) 3 weeks ago from 47th St Photo in New York. You can get to them either directly on their web site or via Ebay whichever you prefer.
    I ordered and paid around 7pm Adelaide time on a Friday evening and the lens was on my desk at work at 9:25 the following Tuesday...
    All up just on A$650.
    You have to weigh up the warranty issues however you will save more than it will cost to send back to the US in the event of a problem (and it's a 4 year warranty).
    This is the 2nd time I have purchased from these people - 12 months ago bought the Sigma 70-200 2.8 along with the 1.4 tele and trouble free transaction also.
    In the short time I've had the 10-20 I'm loving it....
    One thing to be aware of also is there is a 42nd St Photos - have read some unfavourable things so be aware if you go this route don't get the wrong crowd.....
    Cheers

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well finally got my reply from cr kennedy and its not what I was expecting $690, where was the price matching involved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be interesting to see what Tikira gets quoted - maybe its an individual one off thing and theyre starting to balk at multiple requests for price matching on one particular lens.. interesting developments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast