User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Nikon sigma 10-20 Price Where to Buy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikon sigma 10-20 Price Where to Buy?

Just wondering if anyone knows where the best price to buy the sigma 10-20 would be?

Im in Adelaide if there is somewhere local or can someone suggest somewhere online with the best deal.
    Newbie to the world of Digital Gear: Nikon D60 - 18-55mm - 55 - 200mm - SB400 - New Sigma 10-20mm
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/vk5mmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Seven.
    Did you read the replies to a question we asked about the Sigma 10-20? Some of these could be very helpful to you. We only noticed tonight there is a new Sigma 10-20 out a Sigma 10-20 3.5 lens, i think, but have not been able to find prices for it yet.

We are also trying to find the best prices for the Sigma 4-5.6 lens at the moment.

Link to our post is below
    http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ad.php?t=31294

Good luck
    Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also try the 'best price' sites like www.staticice.com.au and www.shopbot.com.au
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This link below will give you a pretty thorough lens reveiw for the Sigma 10-20

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/...-20_4-5p6_n15/

For a comparitive lens ( some have this one instead of the Sigma) you can look at the Tamron 10-24MM reveiw here

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/...4_3p5-5p6_n15/

And there is of course the Canon if you are running off a Canon body here.

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Ca...FS/index.shtml

There will a Nikon in that focal length range for comparison too Im sure-

Bottom line for me was the Canon is the better glass but costs alot more and Im going with the Sigma, but others have been equally happy with the Tamron apparently.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION MAKING.

David.
    Last edited by David; 03-06-2009 at 11:42pm.
    Comments and CC welcome..

Gear: Canon 6D & 1Ds Cameras l Canon EF 17-40mm F 4.0 L USM l Canon EF 24-105mm F4.0 L IS USM l Canon EF 70 - 200 F4.0 L USM Lenses I Manfrotto Tripods I Adobe Photoshop CS6 l Lightroom 3.0 I Lee Filters

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust 1871 - 1922

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems that on eBay is the cheapest for around $650 delivered. Just dont have any problems or it costs alot back for freight etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ebay prices range between 630-750 delivered but most if not all of them are 'grey' stock coming from OS and there may be issues if the lens needs recalibrating etc.

At the moment your going to pay 100.00 (at least) more for one with an Australian based 12 month warranty etc and you go to places like PhotoContinental, Teds Cameras, Rainers or whatever.

Im waiting until the reported 10-20 2.8 comes on the market assuming the other 10-20mm is going to drop in price when the whoopdeedoo 2.8 is available and 'supercedes' the old one. The fella at Photo Continental has heard of the 2.8 10-20mm but knows nothing about availability or price for the new gen 10-20 Siggy yet. Im sitting on my hands for awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to buy

Hi Seven - I purchased one of these (4-5.6 version) 3 weeks ago from 47th St Photo in New York. You can get to them either directly on their web site or via Ebay whichever you prefer.
    I ordered and paid around 7pm Adelaide time on a Friday evening and the lens was on my desk at work at 9:25 the following Tuesday...
    All up just on A$650.
    You have to weigh up the warranty issues however you will save more than it will cost to send back to the US in the event of a problem (and it's a 4 year warranty).
    This is the 2nd time I have purchased from these people - 12 months ago bought the Sigma 70-200 2.8 along with the 1.4 tele and trouble free transaction also.
    In the short time I've had the 10-20 I'm loving it....
    One thing to be aware of also is there is a 42nd St Photos - have read some unfavourable things so be aware if you go this route don't get the wrong crowd.....
    Cheers

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well finally got my reply from cr kennedy and its not what I was expecting $690, where was the price matching involved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be interesting to see what Tikira gets quoted - maybe its an individual one off thing and theyre starting to balk at multiple requests for price matching on one particular lens.. interesting developments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were quoted what we asked for in the first place (can't remember the quote off hand), but took a week to get back to them, and still waiting on their reply now.
    Di

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagubun View Post
    Should be interesting to see what Tikira gets quoted - maybe its an individual one off thing and theyre starting to balk at multiple requests for price matching on one particular lens.. interesting developments
    Bit disappointed as it is kinda of misleading in what they say on the website. I am waiting to a manager gets back on Monday in Melbourne. Its a pretty bold statement on their site and no terms that state other prices other than the price match.

We will match, through our authorised Sigma dealer network, any legitimate advertised internet price on Sigma lenses by these grey importers.
    But dont want to create to much of an issue as they could pull the statement and make it harder for others to get similar deals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to order mine in next couple of days.
    Got reply back from CR Kennedy this afternoon that they'll match the price for Sigma 70-200 f2.8 II plus 1.4x teleconverter.
    It was just under $1300 plus shipping, which is pretty good price considering most retailers sell 70-200 lens alone for around that price and you get local warranty.
    They can be little slow to respond to your email but it's well worth waiting.

Cheers,
    Young.
    Last edited by ch00su; 12-06-2009 at 11:45pm.
    "you must unlearn what you have learned" - Master Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Daniel.
    I can't remember where offhand, but will have a look through our records and PM you. We looked at a lot of Sigma 10-20 prices before making our decision.
    Di