Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Camera Clubs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To save myself time, instead of reading through all the posts I'll just straight-out ask if there are any video clubs in Brisbane for The Mature Gentleman...

Tell you why. I'm a big fan of the old B/W sci-fi and creature flicks and I reckon it would be a heck of a lot of fun to make short versions of same, complete with cheesy space ships, aliens, and so on.

I used to make props for amateur theatre, so I can do all that. I also have the wherewithal to do spfx and so on. And I reckon it'd be a hoot to do.

Anyone doing anything like that?
    Last edited by Jim Bondi; 10-03-2015 at 9:39pm. Reason: spl

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bondi View Post
    To save myself time, instead of reading through all the posts I'll just straight-out ask if there are any video clubs in Brisbane .....
    So I googled "any video clubs in Brisbane" and the first option that comes up may interest you. http://www.bmm.org.au/
    But of cause you've already done that.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video clubs? You don't mean Camera clubs?
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, video clubs. I found this sub-forum with a search. Is there a Video Club sub-forum here I've missed, then..

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, bugger! I see the forums are mainly for still photographers, not Ed Wood wannabes, like me....

Ah, well.
    Last edited by Jim Bondi; 10-03-2015 at 10:24pm.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Casey Camera Club. Great place to learn and lots of really friendly like minded people.
    Daniel Thompson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Canon 7D & 5D Mark II : 24-70mm f2.8L : 70-200mm f2.8L IS II : 17-40mm f4L : CANON EF 100MM F2.8 MACRO L IS USM: 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 USM : 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS : 50mm f1.8 : 430EX II & 580EX II External Speedlites : Manfrotto 190X PROB + 804RC2 head : Lee CPL, ND and GND filter system : Lee Big Stopper : CS6 Photoshop : PS Elements 11 : PS Lightroom 5 Tightly packed into a Lowepro Pro Runner 450

Follow me on FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/GreenOrchardPhotography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Casey Camera Club. I see they're in Vic. Bit far from me, unfortunately. I'm looking for video enthusiasts around Brisbane.

But thanks for the suggestion anyway, dt86.

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked on Vimeo for a group doing the types of videos you are interested in? There are a whole lot of different genre groups on there. Here is a link to one of the sci fi groups https://vimeo.com/groups/scifi Some of the groups hold regular challenges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just joined The Yarra Ranges Photographic Society and have been to one photo comp meet, with a guest speaker and a workshop on exposure all in one week

They have regular guest speakers, photo comps and trips and also have a Redbubble Group.
    I am sure they would welcome any one else that's new to photography, like me, or anyone with experience, with a warm reception like I received.
    I'm glad I have joined as I've learnt heaps already and can't wait for the next meeting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.cpsinc.org.au/

Cairns Photographic Society
    meet at
    The Community Learning Centre(jcu)
    Windarra Street
    Woree
    Photoshop CS4 and lightroom 2 (lI know a little bit but am learning )
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated
    Feel free to re work my images, just please let me know what you did, and how you did it so I can learn
    Stu .
    my website
    my gallery

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    As a member of this site for all of .... oh ..... 2 minutes maybe .... I might be a bit cheeky posting my first message as an ad - but for anyone in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne they could do a lot worse than check out the Eastern Suburbs Photographic Society. Our address is http://home.vicnet.net.au/~esps/index.html
    Welcome to AP Bob, good looking site for the camera club you have , can't see a link there to AP yet but I am sure you can fix that within a couple of minutes.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw this thread and thought I would put up the details of the club I belong to:

Western Australian Underwater Photographic Society (WAUPS)

We meet the fourth Tuesday of every month in the Games Room (out near the pool) of the Indian Ocean Hotel/Motel, 27 Hasting St Scarborough WA. Currently we have approx 45 members and looking for more. You don't have to be interested in underwater photography only as we enjoy all types.

Karl
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Canon G12 in a Recsea housing with twin YS110 Alpha strobes
    Canon 7D with Sigma 18 - 250mm & 170 - 500mm lenses

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brownie79 View Post
    Does anyone know of a club around the western suburbs of Victoria, specifically Melton?
    Google isn't giving me much love, though this list may be of interest to people browsing through here.

http://www.digitalcamera.com.au/clubs/clubs_bm.shtml
    This site may help http://www.vaps.com.au/ClubListForm.aspx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toowoomba Photographic Society

The Toowoomba Photographic Society Inc. meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 7.15pm in DeMolay House 90 Margaret Street, opposite Queen’s Park.
    There is also a Digital Group meeting on the fourth Friday of each month at 7.30pm in
    DeMolay House 90 Margaret Street, opposite Queen’s Park.
    All are welcome, whether beginners, experienced photographers or non-photographers. There is an entry fee of $2.00 per person. At the end of the meeting all present are invited to supper with a chance to discuss problems with others.
    The club covers a wide range of formats and subjects. You don’t need to own the latest digital single lens reflex camera to be a member.
    What is important is the end result, not the equipment used.

Competitions are held most months for black & white prints, colour prints and projected images (Digital and colour slides).
    Work may be produced by the digital or analogue means either by the entrant or a commercial laboratory. This is judged by experienced photographers who provide helpful feedback and comments to the entrants.
    For most meetings we have a guest speaker or one of our own members who gives a talk about some aspect of photography. Sometimes we have a practical night, such as a portrait workshop or a demonstration of a photographic technique.
    As well as monthly meetings, outings are held through the year and members have the opportunity to attend photo conventions involving camera club members from all over Queensland.
    A newsletter is published each month on this site and is available at the meetings and at Owen Camera House, Cyril’s Camera Centre and PhotoPro in Toowoomba.
    Photographic Society of Queensland

Lists all affiliated Queensland Clubs.
    Attitude is everything!

Cheers, Paul

Nikon

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal P View Post
    Mount Pritchard NSW
    "Mounties Camera Club" meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month at "Mounties Club" Mt. Pritchard.
    Hi Wal, now I know who you are.

When I remove my mask I am one of your judges

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorey View Post
    I am looking for a camera club in the Nothern Sub's of Wollongong or even the Sutherland Shire. However, I have found 1 or 2 clubs in the area. Shame that the clubs have phone numbers that are disconnected and mobiles that numbers now belong to other people. BTW, are there any people out there in the Illawarra or Shire, that are as nutty as me that go and chase storms? That is pretty much the whole subject of my photography.
    You will find the Shire clubs on this page, they are both at Cronulla
    http://www.photographynsw.org.au/pages/club_finder.php

and the Wollongong clubs on this page listed under Warilla and Wollongong
    http://www.photographynsw.org.au/pages/club_finderc.php

PM me if you have any difficulties with contact as I have judged competitions for all four clubs for many years and have alternate contact details to those advertised.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345