Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  15
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera Clubs

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Camera Clubs

Are you a member of your local Camera Club?

If you would like to post the details here, so other members in your area can look it up. Feel free.

Please put the Town and State at the top of your post so other members can quickly scan the posts to find a relevant club near them

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not exactly what you ask there, but if I may... I am involved in setting one up in our neighbourhood. Just wondering what type of activities are most wanted, so if that could be added I would be grateful!
    Ciao, Joost

All feedback is highly appreciated!

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Joost, just thought it would be good to have a thread listing the camera clubs in members areas. I know a lot of AP members are also active in their local club, and some even have AP listed as a link on their websites.

So please post info about yours Joost.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berri, SA.. Riverland Camera Club

Riverland Camera Club is rather small - about 15 active members - but meets twice a month (1st & 3rd) Tuesdays, 7-45pm, at Berri Primary School. We have some very experienced photographers and photoshop users, and a few absolute newbies!
    All visitors welcome to any meeting.
    We have a variety of activities including inter-club competitions (we win our share), and occasional field trips on weekends.
    Graham

Canon- EOS 7D with BG-E7 grip, 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, 24-105L f/4; Speedlites 580EX II, 550EX, 430EX.
    Sigma- 18-50 f/2.8, 50-150 f/2.8, 120-300 f/2.8, 50-500 f/4.5-6.3 APO DG OS, 30 f/1.4, 150 f/2.8 macro, Sigma APO 1.4x and 2x Teleconverters;
    Kenko Extension tubes; Benro- M-257 tripod & B-1 ballhead; Wimberley- Sidekick.
    Home made "bag" on wheels; heaps and heaps of other minor stuff!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    camera clubs in members areas.
    I don't think it'll be of any use to anyone else (since it's located a good 20.000 km from Ozz eh?) but since you insist:

Photoclub Vathorst (name is not fixed yet), Amersfoort, the Netherlands

We're just starting, first official meeting sunday june 7. Planning to meet once or twice per month, 24 potential members now (we don't accept members until we've got a suitable indoor meeting-place and have an okay from the official Dutch photofederation).

Average age of members: I'm guessing 35 or so. This is the main reason for starting this club... we've got another club here in the city but that mainly consists of members well in retirement (65+) that don't connect well with "young" and eager digital togs.

Most members are just starting in photography (another reason not to join the existing club) and they're mainly seeking knowledge and just enjoying social interactivity whilst doing their thing.

Activities will include:
    - workshops (planned: introduction, studio, portrait, system-flash, postprocessing)
    - presenting and critiquing
    - meeting and photographing together, possibly group based ("field trips" as well as specialized working groups)
    - visiting of expositions, festivals and tradeshows
    - longer term: competitions and expositions

The reason for asking to list the activities your clubs organize is that most clubs here do the same things all in a similar way whilst it would be nice to have something completely different. For example: how do you guys organize critique sessions - is that based on prints, does your club use a beamer or perhaps even something different? If you've got an exposition, does the club provide frames and mattes? Do you print yourself and bring that or does the club do all the printing? That's the sort of information I'm after...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am becoming a member this friday of my local camera club in Mosman called: Mosman Camera Club. It is in Sydney, NSW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blackwood Camera Club S.A.

Meets at the Blackwood Memorial Hall, Coramandel Parade, Blackwood SA
    Meets alternate Thursdays at 7.30pm
    We are a friendly club, consisting of around 20-30 active members, and cater to all types, and levels of photographers.
    We regularly hold competitions (approx 1 per month) where we have guest judges score our work. We also have interclub comps, and end of year trophies etc.
    Apart from the comps we run workshops, and have field trips when possible.

All in all a very friendly group, that has helped improve my photography skills and knowledge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to become a member of my local! Went to my first meeting last week, and quite enjoyed it. Its the Diamond Valley Photographic Society. Lots of experienced photographers who I am looking forward to learning lots from...

http://www.dvps.org.au/
    Ellen
    Pentax K10D, the newest baby
    Sigma 17-70mm
    Sigma 70-300mm
    Pentax 50mm f1.4
    Sigma EF-530 DG ST Flash
    Whats next????

Please CC my photos, and edit where you want! Got lots to learn so please pass on instructions....

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a member of the Shepparton Camera Club.

You can find contact info on the link below for many regional Victorian clubs including Shepp.

We also have a facebook page

http://www.vaps.org.au/Html/Regional%20Contacts.htm

Cheers
    Leigh
    Nikon D600, 24-70, 300 VR1 2.8, Tamron 60 f2 macro + Kenko tubes. SB800.

My Nikonians Gallery

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have approached the Principal at the College I work at about starting a camera club that both College and Community members can join. If and when I get it started it will be located in Kellyville, Sydney. We would probably meet once or twice a month - so if anyone is interested keep an eye on this forum for a post to give more details.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not specifically a camera club:

http://www.wanats.iinet.net.au/photography.html

It's the adopted photographic branch of the WANATS [West. Aust. Naturalists Club]. You don't have to photograph flora or fauna to come along, natural landscapes will do!

I'm happy to take AP members along as a guest if they are interested in attending an event or meeting night. We have a some outstanding published (continuously) photographers and a very varied membership. The group is non-competitive (not comps). You can show any of you work each night or event.

I thoroughly enjoy every contact I have with this group.
    "Nature photography is about choosing a location, crawling through dirt, being bitten by insects and occasionally taking a great image". - Wayne Eddy.

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D, 17-40mm f/4L,
    24-105mm f/4L
    + Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS +400mm f/5.6L + Canon 1.4xTC + Canon 100 EF f2.8 USM + 430-EX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Launceston Photographic Society....meets the last Tuesday of each month, with a pub night on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.

Guest speakers, monthly competitions, outings, members have a range of experience- from new to Photography through to professionals...all keen to share their photographic interest.

As I'm the recently elected new president , just PM me if you would like some more info...or check out www.lps.org.au.
    Last edited by Lani; 05-08-2009 at 11:24am. Reason: Updated information
    Cheers, Lani.
    Bodies: Nikon D700, D300 Primes: Nikon 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4G, 105mm VR 2.8, 300mm f4. Zooms: Nikon 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200VR II 2.8, Sigma 10-20mm Processing: Photoshop CS5 extended, LR 3.2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just joined The Yarra Ranges Photographic Society and have been to one photo comp meet, with a guest speaker and a workshop on exposure all in one week

They have regular guest speakers, photo comps and trips and also have a Redbubble Group.
    I am sure they would welcome any one else that's new to photography, like me, or anyone with experience, with a warm reception like I received.
    I'm glad I have joined as I've learnt heaps already and can't wait for the next meeting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.cpsinc.org.au/

Cairns Photographic Society
    meet at
    The Community Learning Centre(jcu)
    Windarra Street
    Woree
    Photoshop CS4 and lightroom 2 (lI know a little bit but am learning )
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated
    Feel free to re work my images, just please let me know what you did, and how you did it so I can learn
    Stu .
    my website
    my gallery

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    As a member of this site for all of .... oh ..... 2 minutes maybe .... I might be a bit cheeky posting my first message as an ad - but for anyone in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne they could do a lot worse than check out the Eastern Suburbs Photographic Society. Our address is http://home.vicnet.net.au/~esps/index.html
    Welcome to AP Bob, good looking site for the camera club you have , can't see a link there to AP yet but I am sure you can fix that within a couple of minutes.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw this thread and thought I would put up the details of the club I belong to:

Western Australian Underwater Photographic Society (WAUPS)

We meet the fourth Tuesday of every month in the Games Room (out near the pool) of the Indian Ocean Hotel/Motel, 27 Hasting St Scarborough WA. Currently we have approx 45 members and looking for more. You don't have to be interested in underwater photography only as we enjoy all types.

Karl
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Canon G12 in a Recsea housing with twin YS110 Alpha strobes
    Canon 7D with Sigma 18 - 250mm & 170 - 500mm lenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mitchell Photography Club- Broadford Victoria

I am a member of MPC. It is a fairly new club, just going into our second year.
    Meeting are held at the Broadford Community Centre. We meet on the 3rd Wednesday of the month.The dates for the rest of the year are as follows. 15/7,19/8,16/9,18/11 & 16/12. Meeting start at 7:30pm.

For more information just send me a PM and i will put in you in contact with the club.
    Last edited by Jimboshep; 23-06-2009 at 11:00am.
    James ( Jimboshep)
    Canon EOS 50D & 400D | Sigma 70-200 f2.8 EX, 150-500 f5-6.3 HSM DG OS | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 | Canon Lens 18-55,75-300 & 28-105mm | Metz 45 CL-4 Flash Gun | Tripods & Monopods
    Sigma 530 Super DG Flash & Macro Ring Flash | All secured in a B&W Type 70 Hard Case
    Studio Lighting Set-Up (3x flashes,softbox,backdrops,reflectors, infra red trigger,flash meter, Etc) |Photoshop CS4 Software & Corel Paintshop Pro XII

for services to the community during the 2009 Victorian Bushfires

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi we have a Photography Club at the University of Melbourne which is open to all. I think we're the largest University Photography Club in Victoria, but of course you don't have to be a Uni student to join, we have many members from the general public.

http://www.fotoholics.org/

Membership is a bit costly ($12 per year) but the good news is you don't have to be a member to come to events, though you do have to be a member to use the Equipment Rental Service, to get Discounts at Harvey Norman, other sponsors etc. Also I guess members get discounts to the rare events that cost money to come to.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomaree Peninsula Photography Club, Port Stephens

We meet at the Soldiers Point Bowling Club on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 7 pm. The club was started just a year ago so we are still learning but having fun at the same time. Monthly subjects are set and we try to get in an outing.
    Just PM me for more information if needed.
    Margaret

Fuji XT2 Manfrotto MF 055XPROB Pro Tripod & gynbal head, Fuji 18-55 mm, Fuji 14 mm, Fuji 55-200 mm, Fuji 80 mm macro, Fuji 60mm macro, Fuji 100-400 mm, SB600 Speedlight, Photoshop, Lightroom on a Mac, Critiques welcomed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mcdesign does the club take new members(cant PM as not enough posts)

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast