User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  15
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Camera Clubs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking for a camera club in North suburbs of Perth if anyone know any?? Prefer to be around Ozy Park, Please let me know>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lubitel 2,
    Try this for a northern suburb club.

http://www.nepg.com.au/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pittwater Camera Club

Pittwater Camera Club is based in Bayview's Yacht Racing Association building on Pittwater Road. Meetings are held every 2nd Monday. The meetings normally run from 7.45 pm, but keep an eye on the website for details of tutorials which begin at earlier times.

http://www.pittwatercameraclub.org/index.html
    Thanks for looking

If you'd like to see more I'm on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/34313408@N05/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all
    I am a member of a photographic group in my area, but I am getting bored. We just sit there and look at each others photos and say...nice....great.....hmmmm....etc.
    Can anybody give me some tips to take with me to the next meet to spice things up? I love the people, just getting bored with what they are doing.
    I am in Victoria.
    Cheers
    Carol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

returned from action

Been away and started a photographic club in SE QLD,called Greenbank Lenses and is at ,wait for it ,Greenbank.Our meetings are held 1st Thurs every month at the Currong rooms beside the Greenbank Community Centre on Teviot Rd.If you are local come and join,meetings start at 7.00pm.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about having some guest speakers to talk about their particular commissions, techniques and the like.

If you have a projector handy you could also have members attend and demonstrate PS techniques, Lightroom etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol1950 View Post
    Hi all
    I am a member of a photographic group in my area, but I am getting bored. We just sit there and look at each others photos and say...nice....great.....hmmmm....etc.
    Can anybody give me some tips to take with me to the next meet to spice things up? I love the people, just getting bored with what they are doing.
    I am in Victoria.
    Cheers
    Carol
    "Nature photography is about choosing a location, crawling through dirt, being bitten by insects and occasionally taking a great image". - Wayne Eddy.

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D, 17-40mm f/4L,
    24-105mm f/4L
    + Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS +400mm f/5.6L + Canon 1.4xTC + Canon 100 EF f2.8 USM + 430-EX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankston Photographic Club, in Victoria Australia. We have about 120 members, and meet every Wednesday.

Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since joining a photography club I have learnt a lot and become far more critical of my own work (for the better). I was becoming a bit lazy and needed some more inspiration to relight my enthusiasm. Mt Gravatt Photograpy Society (Brisbane) is varied with a competition evening and a guest speaker evening each month, as well as smaller groups eg. beginners, digital, Monochrome, and international groups meeting on other evenings during the month. Join a club and learn more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emerald, Qld.
    Emerald Photographic Club meets first Wednesday of each month. Contact me for more info.
    I can shoot you with my Canon 40D with 24-70 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 500 f/4L IS, 2x extender, Speedlight 430ex, 2x Speedlight 580ex, Giottos and Manfrotto tripods.
    I can process you with my MacBook Pro 15", Photoshop and Lightroom.
    If only I could find my memory card...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bay and Basin Camera Club

Huskisson nsw
    Meets 2nd tuesday of the month 7pm

For info click the link
    http://www.bayandbasincameraclub.org.au/

D750 Shines
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Member of the KSCC
    Kiama Shellharbour Camera club
    meets First and Third Wednesday of every month from 730pm

http://www.kscameraclub.org/privacy.html

All most welcome
    cheers

Sorry about the double post
    Last edited by cupic; 27-12-2011 at 12:38am.

Nikon D750,D500,Z6,Coolpix P7700
    Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, Nikkor 16-35mm f/4 VR, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Tokina 100mm f/2.8, Tamron 60mm f/2 , Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 VC Di, Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4
    FTZ adapator
    Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maryborough Camera Club

I'm a member of the Maryborough Camera Club in Maryborough Qld.
    We meet twice a month with a competition on one night and workshops on the other.
    http://maryboroughcameraclub.org.au/index.html
    Konica Minolta 5D, 18-70, 75-300 kit lens
    Nikon D90, 18-55, 55-200 kit lens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I'm relatively new, but keen.
    I am looking for a camera club or similar in the St George or Sutherland Shire (Sydney area).
    I am wanting to spend some time with people that meet and go on regular field trips to take photo's.
    The objective is to improve my skills and learn more.
    Oh! and for them to have some patience with a novice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look up Federation of Camera Clubs (NSW) there is 'club finder'on their site, which lists Sydney clubs. It shows two in Kogarah, one in Sutherland, and one in Cronulla.
    Constructive critique of my photos is welcome and appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvista View Post
    Hi all, I have moved from the Uk to Wagga Wagga and I am looking for a local club. I have looked on the Net and asked at the local Camera House but no luck. Anyone have any ideas?
    If you are still looking contact me at ralphnewman1@bigpond.com and I will give you more details.
    There is a club still going but only a small number of members to what it was when I was running it.

Ralph
    Regards

Ralph

http://www.ozphotos.smugmug.com
    Canon 30D, 50D, 400D, 10-20mm Canon, 24-105L, 100-400mmL, 100mm Macro, Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 Kenko rings 580Mk11 420ex Flashes etc etc.

Ready to Print
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only recently become a member of this club in the northern suburbs of Perth. They host 2 meetings a month. Unfortunately I work away, but I can make one meeting per month.

- - - Updated - - -

I've only recently become a member of this club in the northern suburbs of Perth. They host 2 meetings a month. Unfortunately I work away, but I can make one meeting per month.

Canon user in training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw this thread and was wondering if anyone knows if theres a camera club in the Mildura area?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dragons girl View Post
    Bay and Basin Camera Club

Huskisson nsw
    Meets 2nd tuesday of the month 7pm

For info click the link
    http://www.bayandbasincameraclub.org.au/
    My in-laws live there and I'm down there as often as possible. Eventually we'll be moving there. I'll have to drop in and say hi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI Carol,

It may be different on your side of the world but over hear, some clubs are good, some are not so, but it depends what you are looking for. I joined a club when I retired in 2010 and wanted to do more with my updated equipment. Unfortunately the first club seemed to have more leaning towards competitions where the members spent the evening discussing the images submitted ........ a bit boring and it sounds like your present one. The activity as far as constructive help and advice was limited and I felt that it was not for me.

I then looked around and found a more active club that meets twice a month, a weekday evening and a Sunday morning, where actual shoots take place on a regular basis, or information/explanation of how something was achieved is talked about.

The competition entries from shoots are submitted to the club and judged, but we don't spend a whole meeting viewing them, but are encouraged to make constructive comment once they have been displayed and this can help us all improve and see what we may be missing.

I believe that this club suits me better than the first, but can see that particularly newer members may be looking for more explanation of how things work and various ways to improve in different areas, as we all have a learning curve that needs feeding.

Even with a newer club, there should be some members that are capable of arranging a studio set, or organising a group meeting to take photographs and help other that are not so well informed. Newer members can be linked to the more experienced to mentor them and regular meetings where some method of photography is explained. Get members to list what they would like to know more about and arrange the meetings around those subjects.

My advice would always be to join a club, find your level and chat with others on how to improve and move forward. There is also an great deal of instructional videos and printed information on the internet and looking at videos to see the actual way things are done will help you improve. Members could be set a task of viewing a particular video and then asking questions on areas that are not too clear. If the club is stumped, then ask the question on this site and I'm sure you will get answers.

If the first club doesn't fit you, don't give up, try another as what suits some people will not suit others.

Also, when you are new to a forum, try and help yourself more by ensuring your profile has your name, ( not often seen on this site), your general location and you have listed the camera equipment you have. It saves others asking and will get more contact to you from local Togs, who may have similar equipment and be in the same boat as you.

I hope this helps - Good luck

Malcolm

Last edited by Alexam; 26-11-2012 at 8:46pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know of a camera club in the Vermont, Mitcham, Ringwood or Heathmont areas?

Also I just wanted to ask what your experiences are like with your camera club.
    I've been told that many are run by pompous equipment obsessed show offs....has this been your experience? If this is correct then it's not the place for me!
    Of course that's a huge generalisation!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast