Thread: Camera Clubs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Camera Clubs

Are you a member of your local Camera Club?

If you would like to post the details here, so other members in your area can look it up. Feel free.

Please put the Town and State at the top of your post so other members can quickly scan the posts to find a relevant club near them

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not exactly what you ask there, but if I may... I am involved in setting one up in our neighbourhood. Just wondering what type of activities are most wanted, so if that could be added I would be grateful!
    Ciao, Joost

All feedback is highly appreciated!

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Joost, just thought it would be good to have a thread listing the camera clubs in members areas. I know a lot of AP members are also active in their local club, and some even have AP listed as a link on their websites.

So please post info about yours Joost.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berri, SA.. Riverland Camera Club

Riverland Camera Club is rather small - about 15 active members - but meets twice a month (1st & 3rd) Tuesdays, 7-45pm, at Berri Primary School. We have some very experienced photographers and photoshop users, and a few absolute newbies!
    All visitors welcome to any meeting.
    We have a variety of activities including inter-club competitions (we win our share), and occasional field trips on weekends.
    Graham

Canon- EOS 7D with BG-E7 grip, 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, 24-105L f/4; Speedlites 580EX II, 550EX, 430EX.
    Sigma- 18-50 f/2.8, 50-150 f/2.8, 120-300 f/2.8, 50-500 f/4.5-6.3 APO DG OS, 30 f/1.4, 150 f/2.8 macro, Sigma APO 1.4x and 2x Teleconverters;
    Kenko Extension tubes; Benro- M-257 tripod & B-1 ballhead; Wimberley- Sidekick.
    Home made "bag" on wheels; heaps and heaps of other minor stuff!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    camera clubs in members areas.
    I don't think it'll be of any use to anyone else (since it's located a good 20.000 km from Ozz eh?) but since you insist:

Photoclub Vathorst (name is not fixed yet), Amersfoort, the Netherlands

We're just starting, first official meeting sunday june 7. Planning to meet once or twice per month, 24 potential members now (we don't accept members until we've got a suitable indoor meeting-place and have an okay from the official Dutch photofederation).

Average age of members: I'm guessing 35 or so. This is the main reason for starting this club... we've got another club here in the city but that mainly consists of members well in retirement (65+) that don't connect well with "young" and eager digital togs.

Most members are just starting in photography (another reason not to join the existing club) and they're mainly seeking knowledge and just enjoying social interactivity whilst doing their thing.

Activities will include:
    - workshops (planned: introduction, studio, portrait, system-flash, postprocessing)
    - presenting and critiquing
    - meeting and photographing together, possibly group based ("field trips" as well as specialized working groups)
    - visiting of expositions, festivals and tradeshows
    - longer term: competitions and expositions

The reason for asking to list the activities your clubs organize is that most clubs here do the same things all in a similar way whilst it would be nice to have something completely different. For example: how do you guys organize critique sessions - is that based on prints, does your club use a beamer or perhaps even something different? If you've got an exposition, does the club provide frames and mattes? Do you print yourself and bring that or does the club do all the printing? That's the sort of information I'm after...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am becoming a member this friday of my local camera club in Mosman called: Mosman Camera Club. It is in Sydney, NSW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blackwood Camera Club S.A.

Meets at the Blackwood Memorial Hall, Coramandel Parade, Blackwood SA
    Meets alternate Thursdays at 7.30pm
    We are a friendly club, consisting of around 20-30 active members, and cater to all types, and levels of photographers.
    We regularly hold competitions (approx 1 per month) where we have guest judges score our work. We also have interclub comps, and end of year trophies etc.
    Apart from the comps we run workshops, and have field trips when possible.

All in all a very friendly group, that has helped improve my photography skills and knowledge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Melbourne Camera Club in South Melbourne (www.melbournephoto.org.au) is still going strong - it's quite close to the Sth Melb Market. I did their 6 week course a few years ago (sadly not with my digi camera...must revisit that!) and it wasn't bad. It was an intro course, mostly done by lectures/tutorials with a couple of field trips thrown in. I think the fee included 6 months membership.

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone in the Canberra - Queanbeyan area know of the region's camera clubs?? and their contact details. Regards, Phil

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eastern Suburbs Photographic Society (Vic)

I may have posted this before - but for anyone in Melbourne, and on the eastern side of the city - we are a great club for you to join.

For all the information you could ask for, visit our website at

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~esps/index.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lismore, NSW North Coast

We are spoiled with 2 clubs in our area.

Lismore Camera Exchange

Meets 1st Thursday of the month, 7pm @ Goonellabah Sports Club

Very informal, social get together where members share images, experiments, knowledge and ideas.

Lismore Camera Club

Meets 1st & 3rd Monday of the month, 7:30pm @ Lismore Worker's Club

Traditional camera club with a formal structure, including basic workshops and competitions.
    Last edited by Natsky; 01-11-2009 at 3:49pm. Reason: fixing typo

all and any feedback welcome
    http://www.natsky.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know any clubs near Tweed Heads or Murwillumbah area??

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Does anyone know any clubs near Tweed Heads or Murwillumbah area??
    A list of most NSW camera clubs can be found on the FCC of NSW website, a list of country clubs is on this page http://www.photographynsw.org.au/pages/club_finderc.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick do you know of any in Hobart or suburbs??
    Julie

Canon 6D,Fuji X100
    l Canon 50mm f1.8 MK l l Canon 85mm f1.8 l Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro l Canon 24-70IS f4L l LR4/CS6

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcas View Post
    Rick do you know of any in Hobart or suburbs??
    There are several, but this is probably the most popular one : http://www.hobartphoto.org.au/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoalhaven Photographic Club

My wife and I are members of the Shoalhaven Photographic Club. Members are friendly and there are lots of opportunities to learn more about photography, and the members are friendly. We meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday nights every month. More information is available from:
    http://www.shoalphoto.org/
    pod3009
    Canon 50D, Canon 40D, Canon EF-S 17-85, Canon 70-200 f4 IS USM, Canon EF-S 10-22, Tamron 90 mm f2.8, Sigma 150-500mm, Speedlite 430EXII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi to Mornington Peninsula photography enthusiasts.

We are looking for members to join our new club about to be launched on the 1st of March.

Meeting place: Rosebud Library

Times: 7:30, 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the Month

the name of the club is the Nepean Camera Club and all welcome, feel free to send me a pm for any details you might like

Pat
    Pat from down on the Bay at Rosebud
    Canon 30d , EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM,EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, and a Speedlite, plus and Canon Power Shot pro which has been converted to Infrared...and am considering getting some extension tubes..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've just attended my first meeting at the ipswich photographic society. they are based in ipswich, qld. great club with some nice people. i'll let you know how i go once i'm a full member..
    http://ipswichphotosociety.org/
    DAZTOGRAPHY IMAGES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryde Eastwood Leagues Club Camera Club.

I am a member of the above club it meets 3 Mondays per month one night we have a guest presenter, the following Monday a digital night where we learn to edit our photos an a competition night where a visiting judge judges our photos. I have learn't so much from attending the club, and it is also a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all
    I am a member of a photographic group in my area, but I am getting bored. We just sit there and look at each others photos and say...nice....great.....hmmmm....etc.
    Can anybody give me some tips to take with me to the next meet to spice things up? I love the people, just getting bored with what they are doing.
    I am in Victoria.
    Cheers
    Carol

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast