Thread: nikon/mac users tethered shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nikon/mac users tethered shooting

ok i know this is a little specific but i was looking at photography software for mac's and came across this tried this with friends nikon. as i only got to briefly use it please post your thoughts and comments on this software.

For those who are wondering what tethered shooting is its when you have your camera connected to your computer, you take photos and the photos show up on your screen and are immediately saved on your hard drive.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/31296/sofortbild

thats where i got it from..its free which makes it better.
    Nikon man

I don't mind anyone reworking my photos please just tell me how and what you did. cheers

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    nice find. It is something that has always been available for Nikon/PC users. Now the Macophiles can join in
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used camera control pro for a muck around - to be 100% honest I can't really see any benefit of tethered shooting unless:

1) you're taking shots at Shopping town of kids with Santa

2) you're taking mug shots at the local cop shop.

It's nice and it's a good time waster, but for untilmate control, you've much better off hand held or tri-pod sans tethering.
    Cheers!

Tom

Deviantart Gallery here

Nikon Users might also find this useful:

Nikonians

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilling View Post
    I've used camera control pro for a muck around - to be 100% honest I can't really see any benefit of tethered shooting unless:

It's nice and it's a good time waster, but for untilmate control, you've much better off hand held or tri-pod sans tethering.
    Tend to agree, or commercial shoots - products etc, as the client can sit there and look at the photos on the screen as/when captured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Tend to agree, or commercial shoots - products etc, as the client can sit there and look at the photos on the screen as/when captured.
    Good one also. I suppose when you're tether you can also control the camera from the camera and zap your photos straight to you computer for the client to see. That is certainly a handy feature (if it's possible?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for high fashion commercial stuff, this is a prerequisite to have for many reasons

1) files generated by digital MF backs are immense to hold on cards for long
    2)allows make up/stylist/photographer to assess the conditions and if need be, to make any changes and touch ups
    3)instant processing and editing to meet deadlines, even during a shoot
    4) client wants to have a look without interrupting the photographer and director by pausing and switch on the LCD preview screen

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilling View Post

yeah i agree too its really good for school photos or something generic like that.