Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not think so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And another thing . . .

As i am currently looking at software purchases I saw CS4 on the Adobe US site for US$699. At current exchange rates (plus Johnny Howards never ever be a GST) that's about AUD$770. Adobe Aus website was quoting AUD$1439 including GST. I sent the Aus site an email pointing out the discrepancy and asking why they were ripping off Australians. Guess what? No reply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickoff View Post
    As i am currently looking at software purchases I saw CS4 on the Adobe US site for US$699. At current exchange rates (plus Johnny Howards never ever be a GST) that's about AUD$770. Adobe Aus website was quoting AUD$1439 including GST. I sent the Aus site an email pointing out the discrepancy and asking why they were ripping off Australians. Guess what? No reply.

engineIT (an aussie company selling aussie region software) have it for $984. I bought LR2.4 and CS4 from them and Scott (the owner) was great to deal with. Here's a link:

http://www.engineit.com.au/shop/inde...=photoshop+cs4

In regards to purchasing software from overseas, you sometimes need to be careful as it may be configured only to run in certain regions (ie. checks your Windoze region setting). Whilst sometimes a simple region change may work, it's not gauranteed and other "tricks" by manufacturers are employed to prevent illegal use etc.

See comment (below) from Scott of engineIT. This was taken from this thread: (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...378#post403378).

Quote Originally Posted by engineIT View Post
    Hey Jev sorry for the late reply. I contacted adobe and unfortunately their products will not work from different regions. I also asked "can the customer just change their regional settings either on their computer or during the installation?" Answer was "no, it still won't work." ...so either way jev I wouldn't risk it

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for International copies of CS4 to work you need to set the language to English (International) in the drop down menu.

When you download and install a trial version it installs by default as English (US). This needs to be changed if the serial number is from anywhere other than the US. My copy came from Great Britian and Id already had the program installed from a trial download, the serial number wouldnt work. I needed to completely uninstall the trial version and reinstall from the DVD. During install it went straight to English (International) in the language drop down, and now its as good as gold.

I should mention all of this happened on a mac though, I wouldnt imagine it would be any different on Windoze.
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I brought a copy of CS4 Extended for my son who is in high school it cost $187 and needed a copy of his school report and my drivers licence as the credit card holder.

They never asked for them in the end I suspect they have a register of school aged children? or they only check at random.

That was from the Adobe Australian site.

I also brought a serial number for Lightroom 2.5 for $45, but I am anticipating that it will stop working one day, so when lightroom 3 comes out I will buy a proper copy.

That was not from Adobe!
    Peter

am wanting to learn, please feel free to rework my photos

Pentax K7 / Cosina 24mm f 2.8 mc / Pentax M 50mm f 1.4/ SMC Tokina M 135mm F2.8/ Pentax 17-70mm F4.0/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have previously bought CS3 Extended for my daughter. I sent in a letter from her school and a serial number was sent in a couple of days. She is allowed to have it on 2 computers so she has it on her laptop and on the main computer at home. Adobe told me that so long as they aren't being used similtaneously then there is no problem. Not sure how they check but both installs work fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came across this recently on ebay, basically they say you can buy an education version which is not the student version. Watch his video on youtube. I haven't bought anything from them, but it was food for thought.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ADOBE-CS4-Cre...ht_4352wt_1167

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even better option is to get a teacher to purchase it for you. My wife is one and she recently purchase Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection for $88 plus postage. For under $100 she got everything that Adobe creates. Outstanding value in anyone's language.
    Vince

Space; The Final Frontier

C & C encouraged on all images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there any difference in functionality between the commercial and educational versions of CS4?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12