Thread: PS CS4 Educational Version ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post
    ....And, I get yet another copy of PS CS4. (this will make 3)

Yippee!

hey Scotty ... Send me a copy

Chook

R.IP Alan. You will be missed!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Academic Version

I have the Academic version of CS4 and it only needed the serial..no activation at all unlike the other varieties.....i am employed in a teaching institution and they bought it for me but is registered to me and i have it on my graphics PC and my laptop..dont know whether this helps or hinders..Alan!
    Canon Gear lenses tripod and enthusiasm "Photography is 90% good lighting and mostly the rest doesnt matter as long as it is in a 5 minute bracket morning and evening" regards Alan!

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not think so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And another thing . . .

As i am currently looking at software purchases I saw CS4 on the Adobe US site for US$699. At current exchange rates (plus Johnny Howards never ever be a GST) that's about AUD$770. Adobe Aus website was quoting AUD$1439 including GST. I sent the Aus site an email pointing out the discrepancy and asking why they were ripping off Australians. Guess what? No reply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickoff View Post
    As i am currently looking at software purchases I saw CS4 on the Adobe US site for US$699. At current exchange rates (plus Johnny Howards never ever be a GST) that's about AUD$770. Adobe Aus website was quoting AUD$1439 including GST. I sent the Aus site an email pointing out the discrepancy and asking why they were ripping off Australians. Guess what? No reply.

engineIT (an aussie company selling aussie region software) have it for $984. I bought LR2.4 and CS4 from them and Scott (the owner) was great to deal with. Here's a link:

http://www.engineit.com.au/shop/inde...=photoshop+cs4

In regards to purchasing software from overseas, you sometimes need to be careful as it may be configured only to run in certain regions (ie. checks your Windoze region setting). Whilst sometimes a simple region change may work, it's not gauranteed and other "tricks" by manufacturers are employed to prevent illegal use etc.

See comment (below) from Scott of engineIT. This was taken from this thread: (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...378#post403378).

Quote Originally Posted by engineIT View Post
    Hey Jev sorry for the late reply. I contacted adobe and unfortunately their products will not work from different regions. I also asked "can the customer just change their regional settings either on their computer or during the installation?" Answer was "no, it still won't work." ...so either way jev I wouldn't risk it