Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, that is all very helpful. I may look out for ione on eBay. I did realise I would have tobuy outright and there are some used ones ont here (I daresay people have updated to a later model) for reasonable costs.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    Thanks everyone, that is all very helpful. I may look out for ione on eBay. I did realise I would have tobuy outright and there are some used ones ont here (I daresay people have updated to a later model) for reasonable costs.
    There are only 2 models so far, new model is due middle of this year. The initial model was not officially available in Aus, though there were a lot here. This model was not 3G. The second model was released in Aus, and is the current model, but it comes in two versions 8GB and 16GB.

I reckon if you wait a month or two, there will be a lot of movement on Ebay etc as people sell off the current model, when they upgrade when the new model comes out.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    itunes remote is my favorite app at the moment, great having access to your complete mp3 library with album art.. and playing music wirelessly to the stereo.
    C & C always welcome / Matte Mac User / Leica M2 - M8 - 28mm 2.8 Elmarit ASPH / Voigtlander 35mm 2.5 Skopar / Sony NEX-5 - 16mm 2.8 - 18-55 Kit - A mount adaptor - 30mm Macro / Rayqual E-mount to Leica M adaptor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Remote on my iPod touch as well. Absolutely love it!
    "You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, and they should be used in that proportion"
    mcgillphotographics.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, but does anyone actually use it as a phone to actually talk to people? Is there an ap for that seriously I'm up for a new phone but it has to be a phone first and foremost. So how is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    new iphones are on their ways, don't buy one now people, apple is trying to empty their stock

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryw View Post
    yes, but does anyone actually use it as a phone to actually talk to people? Is there an ap for that seriously I'm up for a new phone but it has to be a phone first and foremost. So how is it?
    LOL!

I was looking at some 8Gb ones, Rick, but I may wait a month or two and see if there is a downward movement in prices. I'm not in any hurry.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it as a phone without complaint

However, to me the phone function is not the be all and end all, if it were I'd just buy a mobile phone, not a smartphone
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really easy to use. Push phone icon, access virtual keyboard (numbers are big for people with bigger fingers), recent calls, access voicemail, contact list, and favourites, each are one tap away.

Contact list has an alphabet down the right, tap the letter you want to find the person you want, or flick up or down to scroll through contacts.

When you put the phone up to your face a proximity sensor detects that, and turns the touch feature off, so you don't start tapping things with your ear etc.

Really easy to use, took me about 5 mins to understand how it works. Synchronises with outlook (through iTunes), so you can easily import all your contacts and events (diary).

texting is clever, the touch screen keyboard is programmed so that the software 'looks' at the keys around those you pressed (in case you mis a letter) to work out what the word you wanted was. Work very well compared to using a predictive text sms on a keypad.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seriously I'm up for a new phone but it has to be a phone first and foremost. So how is it?
    IMHO......Its the ULTIMATE mobile phone that is set to get even better with firmware release 3.0 soon.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How big are the letters on screen? ATM I have to put my reading glasses on to read the screen on my phone - this is incredibly annoying when I want to make a quick call. It would not put me off from buying an iPhone but sure would be nice if I could read the screen without the specs.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How big are the letters on screen? ATM I have to put my reading glasses on to read the screen on my phone - this is incredibly annoying when I want to make a quick call. It would not put me off from buying an iPhone but sure would be nice if I could read the screen without the specs.
    I just held my iPhone up to my laptop keypad, to compare the size of the buttons, and the 'buttons' on the iPhone are only a little smaller than the laptop keypad (my laptop has a full size keyboard)

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Nikon + iphone owners , Canon + iphone owners can have their own camera friendly remote control app soon.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's ot. I a, going to have one. Anyone here planning to upgrade theirs when the new one comes out and wants to seel their old one?

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's another two apps you might enjoy.
    Panorama
    Tiltshift - only got this the other day so haven't really used it yet.

I took this with the Pano app, not the best quality but sometimes you just wanna enjoy the game and leave the DSLR at home

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviving this because I am looking at a couple on eBay now. What is the IMEI number? Why do aso many people quote it in their ads?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is like a serial number Odille. If you have a mobile phone stolen, the networks (telstra etc) can block the IMEI, and the phone will not work on that network. Effectively making it completely useless as a phone. The IMEI is not exclusive to the iPhone, all mobile phones have one, each being unique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonykieuphotography View Post
    new iphones are on their ways, don't buy one now people, apple is trying to empty their stock
    I read that the States would sell them for $99 US !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviving this because I am looking at a couple on eBay now. What is the IMEI number? Why do aso many people quote it in their ads?
    I think it's to prove it isn't stolen

Serial Truant....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish you gadget freaks would stop it, you're making me edgy , I don't need one but they sound like a nice toy. Then again it wouldn't hurt to take a peek at Telstra & Optus plans....
    Last edited by phild; 21-06-2009 at 2:41pm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast