User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Ezio monitors - anyone have one?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezio monitors - anyone have one?

I am looking at my 'wish list' and a more powerful computer is up there but only with a good monitor. I want an Ezio (http://www.eizo.com.au/), just want to talk to people who already have one.

It seems the (naturally) more expensive ColorEdge is the way to go, so it looks like I'll really have to save the pennies!
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I have a FlexScan S2231W which also came with a Huey monitor calibrator. I was lucky that I could bring a variety of monitors home to try from work and I just couldn't find anything that equaled the Eizo for accuracy. I currently run a second hP monitor from the same video card and the difference between the two monitos for the same photo is significant.

If you are doing colour correction to your photos I thoroughly recommend the Eizo brand.
    Cheers,
    Greg
    Bodies: Nikon D4, D300, D80
    Lenses: Nikon AF-S 18-135 kit lens, Nikkor AF-S70-300 1:4.4-5.6 G VR, Nikkor AF Micro 60mm 2.8 D, Nikkor AF 50mm, 1.8 D, Nikkor AF-S 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED, Nikkor AF-S 24-120 f/4G ED VR, Nikkor AF-s 500mm f4G ED VR
    Accessories: SB600 Flash, Flashpro 500SP Studio Lights, Sekonic L758D light meter, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod, Velbon RUP-43 Monopod, Wemberley Head
    Monitor: Eizo S2231W with Huey monitor calibrator
    Lowepro Slingshot 100AW, Tamrac T31 case, Computrekker AW

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FlexScan L768 here, it is at the cheap end of the range and discontinued now but it is great.
    It is a more "square" format monitor with the ability to swivel 90 degrees to work on photos at a large scale in a vertical orientation.

The way monitors seem to be increasing in quality and falling in price it seems that there are quite a few other makes out there that will offer close to the same quality at a lot less price.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently there are new NEC monitors that are excellent, have a look at this link, http://www.imagescience.com.au/ They also have Eizo monitors on special sometimes. Margaret
    Margaret

Fuji XT2 Manfrotto MF 055XPROB Pro Tripod & gynbal head, Fuji 18-55 mm, Fuji 14 mm, Fuji 55-200 mm, Fuji 80 mm macro, Fuji 60mm macro, Fuji 100-400 mm, SB600 Speedlight, Photoshop, Lightroom on a Mac, Critiques welcomed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have an Eizo, but i have the next best thing a NEC LCD2490WUXI
    Check out this review:
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/nec_2490wuxi.htm
    "Knowledge is a single point, but the ignorant have multiplied it."

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the links folks. Margaret, that site have ex demo ones occasionally, I'll keep my eye out there.

I think I'll save for a Ezio, I had a very old CRT one and it was super but it went the way they do, a big Pfft! one day and (sob) it was all over.

I really notice a difference now I'm back to a 'normal' screen.