User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  12

View Poll Results: What type of camera bag do you use?

Voters
591. You may not vote on this poll
  • Back pack

378 63.96%
  • Shoulder bag

270 45.69%
  • Hard case

35 5.92%
  • Waist pack / bum bag

29 4.91%
  • Other

28 4.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of camera bag do you use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went for a Lowenpro Slingshot 200 AW but even that's getting too cramped for the new 70-300mm Nikkor. Damn! I can pack in the D700, 17-35mm, 24-120mm SB-600, filters and that's all. Comfortable though, easy to carry and easy to access the camera on it's own.
    Where's the light gorn? Is this photography?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lowepro backback

CAMERA | NikonD90
    LENS | Nikkor 18-200 f/3.5-5.6 DX VR + 70-200 f/2.8 VR + 17-55 f/2.8 DX + 105 f/2.8 VR + 50 f/1.8D
    FLASH | 2x SB900s + SB800 + PocketWizards
    WEB | INFINITE DREAMS PHOTOGRAPHY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bags have been:
    Tamrac Aero 80 - Sold (couldn't fit my 70-200 f2.8L)
    Lowepro Computrekker Plus Rolling - Sold (swapped with ehor for my current bag, was just a bit too big and heavy... though I did love it)
    Lowepro Classified 250AW - Current Bag

EDIT: Oh and I have a light stand bag, and a small bag that my softbox came in... I'd like to get another bag just for my lighting gear and grip equipment... maybe i can DIY roller bag for that :-)

Wouldn't mind getting maybe a Lowepro Vertex 100 or 200, and also have been considering building my own custom roller bag after reading the DIY thread here
    Last edited by birdie; 04-05-2010 at 12:01pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive got hard cases for studio shoots, a larger backpack for travel (including macbook compartment), a LOWEPRO Slingshot 350AW for walkabout missions, and a LOWEPRO Nova 200AW for just about everything else. Im well covered.
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Folks, new to this and first post for me. I got the Canon backpack thrown in when I bought the camera, but only had one lens to start and the backpack seemed a bit excessive so bought a smallish Lowerpro shoulder bag. It seems to be of good quality and perfect for what I wanted untill I got the bigger lens. I tried to avoid using the backpack as I wasnt happy with the way the camera fitted, the body seemed too big for the position it was in and put a lot of strain on the zip so I chopped up the partitions a bit and made a couple more mods to move the camera further into the thing and now its quite good. I think the quality of the bag is fairly average so will more than likely start looking for a quality bag when I can scrape up the funds for another lens.

Cheers

Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi folks, over the years I have had a variety of camera bags. I started off with lowepro backpacks, and I still have my original lowepro mini trekker AW. This is a great back pack if all you need to do is carry camera gear. I experimented with the Lowepro computrekker but found it just too big. I also have an American brand Kinesis back pack and for serious hiking with heavy gear these are a great back pack. For work I use the crumpler barge for my laptop - but it can also take camera equipment. Now my everyday carry around is the Domke brand. I have both the J1 and the F2 and find them excellent for the room and convenience. I have also experimented with the Billingham brand found them just a little bit too expensive for what they are (although they are excellent quality bags).
    www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking What type of camera bag do you use

Lowepro 400awFlipside. Only had it a short time and love it. The fact that it opens from the 'inside' makes it feel more secure. Turn it around at the waist to change lens without taking it off. Keeps it off the ground too. Fantastic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Lowepro. A computrekker backpack and a nova 190 shoulder bag. The backpack for offroad and the shoulder for weddings, parties etc.
    Jim

Canon EOS 5D MKiii
    EF 24-105mm f/4 L
    EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lowepro slingshot 200
    1x #/Nikon D90 Body Only - Nikon ML-L3 remote control
    1x #/Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f3.5-5.6G ED VR II =
    1x #/Hoya 72mm HD UV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lowepro Slingshot 200AW...seems to be a few of these going around.
    I was very impressed when I managed to fit: D300, D40, 50mm, 70-300mm, 10-20mm, SB600, Filters, cleaning stuff, a video camera, plus spare batteries and a bunch of other odds and ends and do it all comfortably. Really a practical design with enough carry space for me.
    John
    Nikon D800, D700, Nikkor 14-24 F2.8, 24-70mm F2.8, 50mm F1.8D, 70-200mm F2.8 VRII, Manfrotto 190XB with Q5 PM Head,
    SB-900,600, portable strobist setup & Editing on an Alienware M14x with LR4 and CS5 and a Samsung XL2370 Monitor.

Stormchasing isn't a hobby...its an obsession.
    For my gallery and photography: www.emanatephotography.com

Ausphotography Regular Jeanette's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just to add. with the passport sling lowepro i have
    although on the SA meet i did get a little stirring from a member who shall remain nameless.. cough lol ... said it looked like a handbag ...
    well for me that is great .. it is a blend of both .. protecting my gear as well as being able to take my water and purse and a few extras.. unzip the expander for more things if needed..
    amazing what you can get in to a little bag.. perfect for me

Constructive Critique and editing of my images is welcome and appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lowepro Fastpac 200 - because I can fit in my camera, charger, second lens, Netbook, Tomtom, wallet, passport, mobile phone and a book to read for travelling, and it's cabin baggage sized. I have however added stainless steel zip pulls to so it can be easily secured with padlocks, as the cord pulls it comes with are nice but not very securable.
    My Goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use two backpacks, one for my DSLR and another for my SLR, I have a hard case for both my medium format and for my large format beasties. I think it was me that said it was a handbag Jeanette
    When in trouble, or in doubt
    Run in circles, scream and shout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dakine sequence. fits the lot, comfortable to carry and has all the needed accessories to carry protect and resist the wather

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really glad to see this thread is still going, some interesting results in the poll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my two cents:

I was using a Lowepro shoulder bag but recently needed a slightly bigger one to accomodate a few bits and pieces that were upgraded (and, sigh, therefore bigger...) so looked around and opted for a Crumpler 7 million dollar home as it doesn't scream "I'm a camera bag!" like the lowepro's tend to.
    Nikon Devotee: D200, F, F75 (N75), Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 + 55-200mm VR + 50mm 1.8D + 35mm 2.8 Ai-S
    Other bits and pieces: Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home, Velbon CX480 tripod, Lowepro bag, Hoya filters.
    Slow shutter speed and low light lover, landscapes and distant subjects also favoured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first bag I really liked was the Lowepro Mini-Trekker AW. Thought this was the "ants pants" until I purchased another Lowepro, the Slingshot 200 AW.
    This I quickly realised was too small for the gear I wanted to carry so I up-sized to the Slingshot 300 AW.
    After a few outings with that bag I noticed it was causing a few problems for my old back , Reverting to the smaller bag was not a solution . So in the end I opted to go back to the Lowepro Mini-Trekker. This I find to be a well balanced bag for my old back (even with a reasonable load of lenses on board)

Of course there have been a few other bags along the way and I am sure there are a few better ones out there that I am yet to find and try.

Michael

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just recieved my Kata 3N1-20 backpack / sling bag and think its fantastic. So much room compared to the Lowpro Slingshot I had previously. Very nice build quality and fits my gripped 50D perfectly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel out of place here with everyone having a Lowerpro (pretty much...)
    Have a Crumpler 7 Million Dollar (Shoulder) Bag. Plenty of room for a session with spare room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received my New Lowepro Slingshot 302AW;
    All I can really say is "fantastic" - it easily holds 2x bodies [1xwith lens attached], SB-800,4x lenses, lens hoods,lots of AA batteries,2x spare EN-EL3e,4x memory cards, card readers,and there is still room for passport, wallet, etc,.
    This could become my primary bag.
    Cheers, Ray.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast