User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  12

View Poll Results: What type of camera bag do you use?

Voters
591. You may not vote on this poll
  • Back pack

378 63.96%
  • Shoulder bag

270 45.69%
  • Hard case

35 5.92%
  • Waist pack / bum bag

29 4.91%
  • Other

28 4.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of camera bag do you use

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb666 View Post
    Very much along the same lines as you. I have the Kata DR-465 and it suits my collection of small camera and lenses quite well. I too miss something to strap the tripod on but I do find the stupidly small drink holder in combination with the cinching strap (or whatever they call it) ideal for securing a monopod.

Likewise looking for a small shoulder bag for light outings.
    You can always get some extra strapping attached at your local quality boot mender/key cutter.

Rucksack clips and webbing for the job will cost you less than $5 and the stich up about the same.

I custom many of my bags done this way and the job looks like it was done at the factory.
    "Nature photography is about choosing a location, crawling through dirt, being bitten by insects and occasionally taking a great image". - Wayne Eddy.

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D, 17-40mm f/4L,
    24-105mm f/4L
    + Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS +400mm f/5.6L + Canon 1.4xTC + Canon 100 EF f2.8 USM + 430-EX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the 24/2/10 I posted here that I needed to get a backpack or sling pack. Well, I decided to get a Lowepro Flipside 300 backpack. Pretty good bag so far. Can't change my selection in the Poll though.
    Pentax K20D & Grip, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG HSM II, Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 flash, LowePro Flipside 300 backpack, Photoshop CS 5, Lightroom 3, Manfrotto Monopod & 498 RC2 Ball Head, GoldPhoto "Tracker" Tripod, Hoya CPL and UV filters, Yongnuo RF602 flash triggers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I use a Canon backpack for travelling as it comes in at the maximum allowable sizes for all the different airlines I fly on.
    I carry a big lens in a Lowpro pouch in my hold luggage and I fit it on the backpack after customs
    Preferable to work out the maximums first then argue with airline staff later
    Use a big Lowpro when travelling by car

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a Lowepro AW75 Toploader for those times that I just want a camera and one lens and a few bits and pieces and not have to carry blinking everything!

Over the moon with this bag. It's everything I hoped it was going to be.

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just added a Lowepro Exchange Messenger bag as my smaller kit bag. Will take my Olympus E-P1, 2 spare lenses, Cokin filters and a gorillapod for a lightweight kit.

Padding is a bit thin (about the same standard as Crumpler bags) but keeping lenses in pouches helps. Nice subdued styling that doesn't cry out "expensive, steal me" or "prat".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got myself a medium size Crumpler The C List Celebrity - I was this range is to replace Karachi Outpost and Whickey and Cox. I was told I was the 1st person in the whole world to own this back pack

one thing I like about this back pack so far is, that the camera gear compartment can be remove and the backpack becomes cargo bag. Also the side zipper compartment is pretty handy.

So far I haven't used it for my camera gear yet. i am using it for work as a laptop backpack at the moment.
    Last edited by Cheach; 16-03-2010 at 11:48pm.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Slingshot 100AW, fits 50D, 50mm f/1.8, Tamron 17-50 just fine, its all I use at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently have a Pelican 1550, Lowepro Vertex 200AW, Lowepro Stealth Reporter D200AW & Crumpler 4 million dollar home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any sort of sling is bad for your health (if you travel/walk a lot). Backpack's are fine for long distance/time (or two or three weeks on the road). Any sort of hard case with wheels (and lock) is good for events.
    Photojournalist | Filmmaker | Writer | National Geographic | Royal Geographic

D3x and other gear.

Ausphotography Regular Jeanette's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok all this bag talk has got me on to Ebay for the first time in my life ihave made a bid on a back pack heehee wish me luck

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgum View Post
    Any sort of sling is bad for your health (if you travel/walk a lot). Backpack's are fine for long distance/time (or two or three weeks on the road). Any sort of hard case with wheels (and lock) is good for events.
    Works fine for me, I dont usually wear it for long periods of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its strange how many bags we actually end up with, at the beginning of this thread in May 09 i only had a Domke, now i have the same Domke, 2 Kata's and a lowepro, and stranger still i use each of them.

Everytime i got a new one to try i told myself i would sell the previous one, but i found there needs to be a different shape or size for different events...
    Julie

Canon 6D,Fuji X100
    l Canon 50mm f1.8 MK l l Canon 85mm f1.8 l Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro l Canon 24-70IS f4L l LR4/CS6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Stealth Reporter D650 AW. Tried few bags at the store and found this one best suited to my needs.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Lowepro Fastpack 250, love it.
    Canon 5DmkII + stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently purchased the Kata GN1-30.Combination sling / backpack. at present I have it loaded with 1 body with 28-75 attached, 70-200, 85 1.8, 50 1.8, 10-20, 3 flash units plus 4 memory cards in the camera section with the top section reserved for batteries, 2nd body and paraphenalia.

The sling works well if you have it cinched tight so that it is snug against the back, or for longer distance walking I can convert it into a standard backpack configuration or make it a crossover shoulder straps to create easy access by unhooking one strap and moving it like a slingpack.

I am very impressed.
    Vince

Space; The Final Frontier

C & C encouraged on all images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virgal_tracy View Post
    Recently purchased the Kata GN1-30.Combination sling / backpack. at present I have it loaded with 1 body with 28-75 attached, 70-200, 85 1.8, 50 1.8, 10-20, 3 flash units plus 4 memory cards in the camera section with the top section reserved for batteries, 2nd body and paraphenalia.

The sling works well if you have it cinched tight so that it is snug against the back, or for longer distance walking I can convert it into a standard backpack configuration or make it a crossover shoulder straps to create easy access by unhooking one strap and moving it like a slingpack.

I am very impressed.
    I was just looking at the smaller version of this pack -- I have far less gear. How do you find getting the camera out from the sling position? It looked like it could be a bit cumbersome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently using a Lowepro Primus and I love it. It fits what my gear perfectly in the camera section and has room for heaps of other stuff for a day out in the top section. It even fits a 15" Laptop in a pinch. It also has great shoulder straps and a decent hip strap which seems like a bit of an exception to the rule with camera bags.

I am hoping the tele side of things will get a bit bigger sooner or later though and the Primus will be a bit small. The F Stop Tilopa (mentioned above) looks like exactly what I want but I have also been looking very hard at a Dakine Sequence. The Primus wont be going anywhere though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davros View Post
    I was just looking at the smaller version of this pack -- I have far less gear. How do you find getting the camera out from the sling position? It looked like it could be a bit cumbersome.
    The good thing with the Kata is that you can set the sling to either side depending upon your preference. You then set up your internal dividers to match your prefered side. The only issue I have is zipping it back up as the zippers have moved away from the ideal line to do up. It is fairly simple to do it back upjust requires a bit of pressure on the bag to line the zips up again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Crumper 5 Million Dollar Home.

It's not an obvious camera bag and is the right size for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    computreker AW lowepro
    MACCA

EQUIPMENT
    1DmkIII,Canon 40d, Canon 70-200 2.8 non is, Canon 16-35mm 2.8,Canon 1.4x converter I, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 15mm 2.8, 15-30mm sigma, Canon 580ex I, Canon OffShoe cable, Canon Trigger Cable, Aquatech Housing

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast