User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  12

View Poll Results: What type of camera bag do you use?

Voters
591. You may not vote on this poll
  • Back pack

378 63.96%
  • Shoulder bag

270 45.69%
  • Hard case

35 5.92%
  • Waist pack / bum bag

29 4.91%
  • Other

28 4.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of camera bag do you use

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use sholder bags at home (a lowe pro and a crumpler 7 Mil home) but recently picked up a little backpack incase we want to do more travelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I occassionally use a Crumpler million dollar (sorry, can't remember which one)... but I normally use a normal satchel with the portable "stuffing" parts of the Crumpler inserted for a bit of support, and my camera wrapped in a tea towel! But then, I prefer one camera one lens only, and have my camera on a wrist strap on my hand most of the time
    Cheers,
    Terri

Nikon D90 | Olympus XZ-1 | Nikkor 35mm f1.8 | Nikon 17-55mm f2.8 | Nikon 105mm f2.8 Micro | Nikon 50mm f1.4 | Nikon 18-105mm VR | Photoshop Element 7.0 | Manfrotto 190X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have three bags, each time I buy a bigger one, I think about selling the smaller one, however have found I use all three.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a big suitcase like aluminium case, a small sqarish one (this is great, fits both DSLRs and all my lenses and I can stand on it for extra height), a soft over the shoulder bag, and a soft rolling case I made myself (from a $30 Woolies computer bag) for air travel. At home I use the soft over the shoulder case which fits the 2 camera (on their backs) with a lens apiece and spare cards, batteruies etc and I have a small square fibre 'handbag' that fits my Cokin P filters, rings and holders, plus the 2 manuals, a notebook, pens and some business cards..
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one I use at the moment is the Lowepro flipside 400. Nice comfortable bag to carry round plenty of room and if worn properly you can slide it round on your waist to access gear. The security is great as the main opening is against your back.
    Let the camera do the work not the software!!
    CC on my Photos is most welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Lowepro AW mini backpack (not so mini but) plus i have just completed setting up a aluminum hard case.

Apologies for the horrendous image quality, was the wonderous optics of the iphone...

Canon EOS 400D - Canon 3000N - Canon AV-1
    Canon EF 24-105 L IS USM - Canon EF 70-200 f4 L

Canon EF 50 f1.8 - Sigma 105 f2.8Macro Lens - - Kenko Extension Tubes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pirate59 did you cut the foam out for that, if so where do you buy foam block like that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoulder bag at the moment, which came with the Nikon D80, have bought a new lens so am looking for a back pack.

Ross.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Tamrac Velocity 9x or a Lowepro Toploader zoom

I have found that the Velocity seems to be the best compromise out of all the bags I have looked at. Can fit 2 cameras, 3 lenses and a flash without too much hassle. Also like that you can easily swing it in front of you for lens changes. Biggest hassle with this bag is there is no where to put papers and things like that.
    Last edited by hoffy; 09-05-2009 at 7:04pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QUOTE=Slide;300858]Pirate59 did you cut the foam out for that, if so where do you buy foam block like that?[/QUOTE]

Clark rubber has 2" sheets of grey foam for about $40
    This was discussed on another forum involving telescope lenses
    the general opinion was that only grey/black foam should be used
    other foam could affect the glass coatings of lenses
    Bryan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slide View Post
    Pirate59 did you cut the foam out for that, if so where do you buy foam block like that?
    As BDH mentioned Clark Rubber is the place to be

more so it was only 17ish dollars and they cut the blocks to size. dont need measurements etc, just took the empty case in.

As for the individual cut outs, you can be tricky and use a jigsaw cutter for smooth lines, or be like me and use a medium sized kitchen knife and a steady hand.
    I did set out the gear, then marked the stencils so, then removed the middle layer for cutting.

A lot of fun to make, get bonus self esteem points for the 'i created that and saved 100$' for the whole gig too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks BDH and priate59, that little bit of info will come in handy later on down the track.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pelican 1514 Case - love this thing
    Crumpler 7MDH - used to love this thing till my gear got heavier and heavier
    Lowepro Flipside 400AW - comfy!
    Canon 1D Mk3
    Canon 5D Mk2
    Canon 16-35mm/2.8L II
    Canon 28-70mm/2.8L
    Canon 70-200mm/2.8L IS
    Canon 135mm/2L
    Canon 50mm/1.2L
    Canon 24mm/1.4L
    Canon 580ex II
    Canon 550ex
    Sunpack 433D

www.jonnoyeo.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have 2 bags

7 million and the karachi outpost.

I like the backpack as its easier to carry my full kit, but is a pain changing lenses as have to remove the bag off my back o do so.
    I use the 7 million the most
    Canon 40D with grip,
    50 1.4, 85 1.8, 150 macro, 24-70L 2.8, 70-200L 2.8 IS,
    580ex flash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started with Crumpler's 7MDH to accommodate all my gear and a 5MDH for light single lens setups but have since found that travelling/hiking for long periods with a shoulder bag gets a little tiring so have since picked up a Crumpler "Puppet" backpack (keystone size). Gave the Lowepro Slingshot 300 a go but it never felt overly comfortable.
    NATH
    * Canon 50D * 28mm 1.8 * 10-22mm 3.5-4.5 * 17-50mm 2.8 * 70-200mm 4Lis * 580EX II *
    * Canon S5is * Manfrotto 479-4B & 718B * Crumpler 5 & 7 million dollar home *

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently I use a Lowepro Toploader 75 AW, this fits my Canon 5D, 17-40, 70-200, filter holder and 3 GND filters, 2 spare batteries, cable release and a few other bits and pieces. It comes with a harness that connects to each corner, and a rain cover that is a bit small.
    As most of my stuff is done when bushwalking I wear the camera bag on the front and the backpack on the back and have found this system quite good, although its a little slow and arkward to get out of them in a hurry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the lowepro slingshot and it's been pretty good... very easy to access the camera.. but it's a bit too big for casual use so am trying to have paul sell me one of his bags

Serial Truant....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im half looking for a new bag, I currently have a Lowepro Orion Trekker, I fit my 5D with 24-105, 70-200, 580Ex and a some cheapy clone Cokin filters, spare battery & charger and timer remote with room to spare.

There's still room to fit a 17-40 and 100mm macro (on the wish list) as well at a pinch. The 70-200 and Flash reside in the upper compartment.

I'd like something with a little more padding (the orion has no side or front padding in the upper compartment).

Although it's necesary to remove the bag to get the camera out but given the size of the bag it's no hassle.

I find the Orion Trekker extremely comfortable so although it's a little crowded I'm reluctant to change. I like the idea of the slingshot bags but I'm not sure they would be as comfortable, so my next bag will probably be a Lowepro flipside.
    Last edited by phild; 17-05-2009 at 9:50am.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Im half looking for a new bag, I currently have a Lowepro Orion Trekker, I fit my 5D with 24-105, 70-200, 580Ex and a some cheapy clone Cokin filters, spare battery & charger and timer remote with room to spare.

There's still room to fit a 17-40 and 100mm macro (on the wish list) as well at a pinch. The 70-200 and Flash reside in the upper compartment.

I'd like something with a little more padding (the orion has no side or front padding in the upper compartment).

Although it's necesary to remove the bag to get the camera out but given the size of the bag it's no hassle.

I find the Orion Trekker extremely comfortable so although it's a little crowded I'm reluctant to change. I like the idea of the slingshot bags but I'm not sure they would be as comfortable, so my next bag will probably be a Lowepro flipside.
    I have the Lowepro Flipside 300 and I think it is great.

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Lowepro Fastpack 200. I can fit all my gear into it and there's still room for my lunch in the top compartment and a drink holder net on the outside. The best part of the Fastpack is that you can swing it around the left shoulder strap to get the camera in or out without needing to take it off. I find this backpack to be really comfy and well padded.
    I was initially going to get the 250, but when I tried it on the laptop section seemed to make it too big and heavy. I also didn't need the waist straps of the 250. The 200 is perfect for my needs.
    Last edited by Fabz; 15-02-2010 at 3:50pm.
    Fabz

Canon 7D
    Canon 17-55mm f2.8 IS, 55-250mm IS, 50mm f1.8II

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast