User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  12

View Poll Results: What type of camera bag do you use?

Voters
591. You may not vote on this poll
  • Back pack

378 63.96%
  • Shoulder bag

270 45.69%
  • Hard case

35 5.92%
  • Waist pack / bum bag

29 4.91%
  • Other

28 4.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of camera bag do you use

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have a little nondescript shoulder bag I currently use, but I'm looking to get a backpack. I've heard that the Kata brand is good, and through this thread I just looked up Dakine which looks quite nice as well. Now I'm not so sure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had little retail therapy this afternoon and bought a Lowepro Versapack 200 AW. It has 2 main padded compartments with the bottom section easily taking camera and 3 lens (one on camera), a waistbelt strap, sternum strap, tripod strap, all weather cover, strap to hold jacket under pack and few extra pockets for odds and ends. Best of all it's light and well balanced so I didn't feel as if I was carrying a huge sack of potatoes around all afternoon. Brilliant
    Carole

Canon 550D|Canon 15-85mm|Canon 70-300mm|Canon 100mm f2.8 macro|50mm f1.8 II|
    Sony NEX 6|Sony 16-50mm| Sony 55-210mm|Sony RX100
    www.carolelloydphotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Lowepro Nova 190 AW shoulder bag. It has plenty of room at the moment for my 500D with 2 lenses and will still be big enough when Santa gives me a new flash.

Mick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up purchasing a Lowepro Slingshot 200 which is great. Fits D90 with 50-135, plus my 17-50, 50mm, SB600, batteries, hoods, sunnies, phone etc. Its small enough that its easy to deal with, and with the camera and one lens around my neck its not too heavy to keep on my back with on location but moving around shoots in the city.

The only disadvantage is you can't add too much more personal belongings etc and I sometimes feel I'd like to take my tripod/lightstand and/or laptop or crunch my jacket up into it if I need to remove it. Therefore I've also now bought (but not yet received) a Computrekker AW which looks like it will fit the bill well. It will fit a lot more than my kit has in it plus laptop and has the advantage that at only 1.54kg its not an overly big or heavy bag (I don't think) to take half loaded or without the laptop.
    Have: Nikon D90; Tamron 17-50mm 2.8; Tokina 50-135mm 2.8; Tamron 18-270 'alphabet' lens; Nikkor 50mm 1.8; 1x Nikon SB-600; 3x Yongnuo YN560 flash, 1x Yongnuo YN465 flash.

Want: Tamron 90mm 2.8 macro;

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent $30.00 at SuperCheap and bought a hard case that held one smaller inside then another smaller one still inside that.
    The big one I got some soft rubber and shaped it, then glued in some velvet. It holds my two cameras and two lenses. The middle holds the chargers and all the cables, and my other two lenses. The small one holds my little notebook and a mouse so I can veiw my photos as I go.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a big back pack when I want everything, but maint a slingshot 350, love it.

got a kati 3ni-33, just does not do it for me, too hard to get everything else other than camera out of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm new to this and don't have much gear to even put in a bag. Looked at a Lowepro top loading bag was a little amazed at cost (I told you I was new to this!). I saw one on ebay 2nd hand with weather cover, harness etc and will fit my wish list 70-200 lens. Paid $50 in new condition so rapt. Thought it would be a good design for a/ lugging around in the car, and b/ hopefully good to take bush when horse or motorbike riding- haven't tried that yet- but looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive got a LowePro Fastpack 350, fits my camera, 3 lenses, filters, gorillapod, 17inch laptop, laptop cables, battery charger, my rain jacket, some food and drink, torch, blower and manfrotto 55xpro tripod attached under flap cover (it doesnt have dedicated tripod holder unfortunatelly)....all together 12kg but very comfortable, even riding bike....and LowePro top load bag for going out and about,
    very usefull stuff!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a shoulder type just now. The waist ones sound good trouble is I don't wear a belt much so nothing to attach it to. Good topic btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Lowepro Nova 4 AW shoulder bag which is a good size for a 50D and 2 tele zoom lenses and a teleconverter and charger, also a Canon large backpack which handles the 50d with the 100-400L series attached and another lens and charger. I also have a Lowepro toploader zoom 75AW and it takes the 50D with the 18-200IS attached and little else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slingshot 300AW from Lowepro but looking at a Kata Bumblebee 220 to allow for a laptop and long zoom (200-400mm). Trouble with travel, the Dash 8 aircraft from our neck of the woods only allow 4kg cabin baggage -and I don't like my camera going in the hold!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received my Computrekker today, nice bag, however it is designed for 'most' laptops to 15.4", mine obviously is bordering on not being 'most' laptops as its a very tight fit in the laptop section. In fact, its difficult closing the zippers. Long term I'd say this might stuff the zippers, but I'm hoping with a bit of use the bag or padding might soften somehow. Its only a few mm that it needs and it will be a nice, firm fit.

And yes, I was hoping it would be a slightly larger alternative to my Slingshot 200, and it is. Similar camera storage plus laptop plus tripod plus will fit in a little more personal effects in the front pocket, without being a humungous bag. Fully laden, it will be heavy, but seems to have good, thick straps. Recommended so far!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a domke f-3! Am amazed at how much it can fit inside it! Not much padding, but for a nice shoulder bag, everyone should look into the domke range!
    Canon 7D, 550D, 1N HS, EOS 88, 17-55 2.8, 18-200mm, 10-22mm, 28mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.4, 28-105
    Canon AE-1, 50mm, Nikon FM2(n), 50mm, 24-70mm, Tamron 300mm
    Mamiya RB 67 Pro-S 90mm C, 180mm C
    Mamiya M645 1000s, 35mm C, 80mm C, 150mm C, 210 mm C
    430EX II, Benro Tripod and Monopod
    and a bunch of toy cameras!
    -Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use crumpler 5 million dollar home, it's my favorite bag, small shoulder bag, and doesn't look like camera bag, I can fit in D700 + 24-70mm f/2.8 and SB600 in it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an older style lowepro nature trekker backpack but recently found I am wanting to switch more between wide angle and tele so have just changed to a Lowepro Outback 300 AW and also grabbed myself a vest, something I thought I wouldnt do as it isnt very flattering for the female figure lol

Havent had the opportunity to get out much yet though but it all looks cool together and will make me think a bit more of what I actualy take with me
    Cheers Yvonne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im using a Lowepro Flipside 300. i love it.
    holds a good amount of gear. the back opening is very cool, means you just drop the bag on the ground and nothing gets dirty, good working platform and goes clean on your back. if you want (i dont) you can even do up the waist strap, spin the bag to the front, open it, and it becomes a working platform hanging in front of you to remove your gear, cool idea.
    very comfortable. highly recommend these bags.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out - Bill Hicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re-using a bag for a different reason!

Greetings guys.
    As everyone probably has, I have a few smaller bags hanging around that were no good when a new lens was purchased.

As it was a bit wet, I was wondering how to protect the Nikon D300s with the Sigma 150-500 zoom attached if it started raining.

My eyes alighted on a Lowepro slingshot 200 and I cut out the top dividing padding and, yes, I was able to fit the lens and camera into it (after reversing the hood).

Of course it didn't rain, but now I am able to use what I thought was wasted money!

Have a great day, and don't let it grate on you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a Lowepro Mini Trekker with my canon 28-105mm lens purchase off ebay

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser DAdeGroot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently running with a Tamrac Expedition 7.

I have re-arranged the innards a bit of late, but it will take two large bodies with lenses attached (1DIV+400/5.6+1.4x & 5DII+70-200/2.8IS) another smaller lens and a flash.
    OR one body with lens, two flashes and a couple of extra lenses.

Either way, the bag ends up quite heavy, but it has good support and I can carry it around for quite some time fully loaded.
    Dave

http://www.degrootphotography.com.au/
    Canon EOS 1D MkIV | Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM | Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L & some non-L lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an old shoulder bag, but rarely use it now. The one I mainly use is a Lowprow slingshot 100 AW. It is just big enough for my D60 and its two lenses. I quite like the user friendly nature of this style of bag. I would like to get a larger pack pack type for those times I want to take some extra gear.
    Cheers
    Col

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast