User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  12

View Poll Results: What type of camera bag do you use?

Voters
591. You may not vote on this poll
  • Back pack

378 63.96%
  • Shoulder bag

270 45.69%
  • Hard case

35 5.92%
  • Waist pack / bum bag

29 4.91%
  • Other

28 4.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of camera bag do you use

In the area that used to be a dumping tip!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love backpack, shoulder bag I found it too uncomfortable, because all my bags have notebook compartment.
    7D | 40D | 24-70L | 70-200L 2.8IS | Tamron 18-270mm | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Sigma 30mm | Canon 50mm 1.8 | 430EXII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am new to photography - so this is my first bag - but I purchased a Lowepro Flipside 200. I don't have that much gear and I wanted to be "handsfree" so to speak as any time I am out with a camera I am also out with my children (and I need to chase after toddlers) and a backpack felt much better than a shoulder bag flapping around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get my gear from Camera shops since I live in the Sydney CBD where there are heaps of stores and shopping malls. I can bring my camera gear and test it on the display right there and then and decide to buy. I find it risky to buy off an internet site with just pictures and be disappointed when the goods arrive by courier. I use Lowepro more often than any brand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am new to photography - so this is my first bag - but I purchased a Lowepro Flipside 200. I don't have that much gear and I wanted to be "handsfree" so to speak as any time I am out with a camera I am also out with my children (and I need to chase after toddlers) and a backpack felt much better than a shoulder bag flapping around.
    I am in the same situation - I am thinking of getting rid of the Crumpler 5MDH and getting a backpack.
    Liz

Newbie with a D90 - 50mm f1.8 AF...trying to get my head around Lightroom 3 and Elements 8...CC more than welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using slingshot 200 from lowepro and pelican case 1510

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amexav View Post
    I am in the same situation - I am thinking of getting rid of the Crumpler 5MDH and getting a backpack.
    I too was in the same situation and craved a backpack, but didn't have the $$$

I wound up trading my 5MDH for a 7MDH which has all the space I need for the moment!
    Still going to get a backpack when I head out for longer trips (I can justify it then, i can't now!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a bit obsessive about this. I now have a small Crumpler bag for 'just the camera' occasions, a Crumpler 5MDH for the occasions when no walking is involved and a Lowepro 202 slingshot for walking occasions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both the Lowepro fastpack 250 and the Lowepro computrekker AW. going to get rid of the latter as I don't have enough equipment to justify keeping it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LowePro AW Stealth Reporter - love the name! - lives in the boot, though, because it is insanely heavy when full. So when shooting, I have the camera and a Shootsac with 2-3 lenses in it. Relatively light, and allows me to change lenses quickly and easily. This means I don't need to carry two bodies all the time - which rocks!

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcas View Post
    I have Domke shoulder bags, very happy with them.
    Hi, I'm interested in Domke. Do you have the Domke shoulder pads? Or do you go without a pad?

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why so few waist packs?

The survey shows waist packs (bum bags) to be quite unpopular. Is there a reason for that?

I have a shoulder bag but am looking to upgrade. I thought a waist pack made sense but now I wonder..

PS the survey tool percentages don't work, they add up to at least 120%

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kptn82 View Post
    I have a 5MDH from the promotion and hated myself! Should have got the strap, more practical, now struggling to offload it! and don't want to hit Ebay either!! ARGH

Ended up buying a 8MDH and W&C, can't wait to get my hand on the W&C!
    Sorry I have trouble with your abbrvs. 5MDH = 5 Million Dollar H....?
    W&C = ......?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 6 Million Dollar Home, and I HATE the Crumpler velcro which never wants to let go. That said, its an excellent size for my current needs, which arent a lot. Carries my K200D with 18-55, the Tamron 70-300 and the Pentax 35mm macro Limited, and theres still room for spare batteries, filters, my phone and my wallet. If I really can't decide which camera I want, I also take a snoot bag with the K-x and the Tamron 18-250. Usually the Crumpler and its contents are exactly what I want. but god, I hate that velcro.
    Blog : PPG : Flickr
    PENTAX K-5 + various lenses; Olympus XZ-1; Fujifilm X100; Ricoh GRD3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used an ordinary backpack with a small shoulder bag, then decided to buy the Lowpro Slingshot 200 AW. I've used it a few times and found its a brilliant idea if one hasn't got boobs - or you're carrying a point and shoot. But a camera and 3 lenses on a day walk - ouch! I'm now using the backpack again, wondering who would like a camera bag for Christmas and still looking for a replacement which is light but gives enough protection to my gear.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I recently sold my slingshot 200 to a friend, and bought one of the new Lowepro Passport shoulder bags. I have kept my large backpack. The passport is great, comfortable and can carry my D3, 2 lenses and flash easily. Good for when I don't need to cart all my gear with me.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just purchased a Lowepro Flipside 400 back pack. I also have a Canon EOS shoulder bag & Case Logic shoulder bag.The last two will be put into retirement, now that I have the back pack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arg View Post
    The survey shows waist packs (bum bags) to be quite unpopular. Is there a reason for that?

I have a shoulder bag but am looking to upgrade. I thought a waist pack made sense but now I wonder..

PS the survey tool percentages don't work, they add up to at least 120%
    I have a waist pack at the moment and it is great for light loads, but fill it up and it keeps sliding down (would help if I had a bum to hold it up). I am looking to upgrade to a backpack but will keep the waist pack for when I don't need to carry everything.

The percentages don't add up cos the survey allows for multiple answers. ie I voted for sling packs and waist packs.
    Canon 50D - Zuiko 28/2.8 50/1.8 100/2.8 - Tokina 11-16/2.8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use two different bags, depending on what I want to take out with me.
    Depends a lot whether I am walking, driving a car or riding a motorbike as to which bag I take as well.

Flipside 200 and contents of what I can fit in (spare battery, memory cards, notebook & pen not shown) when I can not decide what to leave behind

My only gripe with this bag is that it does not have a waterproof cover, which would make it perfect for me.

Clips 120 and contents
    Last edited by in2fx; 27-07-2010 at 4:56pm.
    Steve

Equipment: A couple of Canons with some lenses and a heap of enthusiasm

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using a Lowepro Flipside 400 to house my D700, 16-35 f4 VR, 24-70 f2.8 attached, 70-200 f2.8 VRII, 1.4x TCII, 2x TCIII and SB600 flash plus incidentals, like CF cards, 2 spare batteries, blower, Cokin ND grads, polarizer, lens cleaning etc. I also have a Lowepro lens case that I attach to the belt of the Flipside 400 to house my Nikon AFS300 f4 which makes for easy access when I want to switch quickly between the 300 and the 70-200, one being on the camera and one in the case. Or, I can put the 300 in the backpack and put either the 16-35 or 24-70 in the case and the other on the camera for easy switching between these two. With the lens case attached to the belt and with the camera around my neck, I can easily have the two most used lenses for a given situation within easy access.

The reason I like the Flipside 400 is that when you take it off and put it down, the outer side away from your back sits on the ground and therefore means that when you put it back on you do not get a dirty back!

Also, the natural way that to remove a back pack is with the shoulder strap which means that when you put them down the side of the back pack that faces up is the side that would normally be against your back and this is the side that you access the Flipside bags, not the outer side like most other backpacks. With normal backpacks, you would normally have to turn them over to access your gear, but the Flipside you do not, sort of like a turtle.

As I pointed out above, this also means that you do not get a dirty back as you can with normal backpacks when placing them on the ground. With the belt strap done up and by removing a shoulder strap from your shoulder, you can also swing that bag around your waist without having to remove the backpack completely and you can access the camera gear that way. Another reason why the Flipside works so well.

I used this bag on my recent trip to Europe and the UK with all my Nikon gear listed above except for the 300 f4 and found it very comfortable even when on my back all day walking looking at the sights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    I recently sold my slingshot 200 to a friend, and bought one of the new Lowepro Passport shoulder bags. I have kept my large backpack. The passport is great, comfortable and can carry my D3, 2 lenses and flash easily. Good for when I don't need to cart all my gear with me.
    Thanks Rick. I thought I had everything I needed in this department but thanks to you I now know I don't. This bag is perfect for traveling and ease of use. UGH do you ever have enough?

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast