User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  12

View Poll Results: What type of camera bag do you use?

Voters
591. You may not vote on this poll
  • Back pack

378 63.96%
  • Shoulder bag

270 45.69%
  • Hard case

35 5.92%
  • Waist pack / bum bag

29 4.91%
  • Other

28 4.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of camera bag do you use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently use a Lowepro Flipside 300 but on the lookout to switch to the Computrekker AW mainly to cover my travel needs.

Canon EOS 20D | EF-S 18 - 55mm IS USM f/2.8 | Speedlite 580EX II
    Photoblog #1 | #2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crumpler 8mill. Lots of room, made excellently, looks great. I like it a lot.

However, now I'm thinking I should get a bag that can cart my future tripod as well. Just not sure whether I should upgrade to the Brazillion dollar home or get a backpack, the latter of which aren't as functional nor look anywear near as good, however would be much, much kinder on my back and shoulder .....

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Lowepro Slingshot that I think I ahve outgrown. Now I really need something that has some external storage, a tripod carry point and can take laptop.
    The slingshot is a great back and it has served me well over the last 8 months or so but once I work out what I want to replace it with will be on the market.

Be looking at the Lowepro Vertex 200 AW - any experience / comments on the backpack from other users would be apreciated.

Mike
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a LowePro Slingshot 200AW.. love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone used a neoprene skin for a dslr and single lens? I've seen a couple on ebay but never seen one in a shop. I was thinking it could come in useful for a small bit of protection inside a standard (non-camera) bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was using a Qpac (? not sure if thats the brand name) sling type pack, it fit most of my gear until I bought an extra lens. One thing I found annoying about the size fo the bag was that there was nowhere to put my phone/keys/wallet which is annoying when out and about; I didnt feel comfortable with stuff in my pockets and found that I didnt enjoy what I was doing as much.

Last week I bought a Lowepro fastpack 200 which suits my needs to a tee... I love the storage pocket up top which can store my wallet/phone/keys, even my small optex tripod which I carry around when I dont want to carry my manfrotto

This is my first post on this forum and hope to contribute as well as learn as much as I can.

Alex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using a Fastpack 250 and loving it. The padding is very comfortable and I often take it travelling! The top compartment is very useful for just putting in random things.

It fits:
    7D
    28-135 w hood
    10-22 w hood
    50 w hood
    270ex
    GorillaPod SLR Zoom

Plus my 13" MacBook Pro and an A4 notebook.

Im sure I can squeeze more in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently upgraded to a 7 MDH (from a 5 MDH).

If my missus would let me I've got my eye on the Sinking Barge Deluxe for day trips, but I can't get away for long enough at the moment!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggles View Post
    Hey Nwoody can you please tell me if you bought it in australia? Iv'e been looking for these bags for a long time I thought they didn't sell them to us aussies Id appreciate it if you could give me the website that you bought it from if you have one thanks
    A couple of places to try here in Aus are Surf Stitch in Sydney and Altitude Sports in Melbourne.
    Attitude is everything!

Cheers, Paul

Nikon

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananaman View Post
    Recently upgraded to a 7 MDH (from a 5 MDH).

If my missus would let me I've got my eye on the Sinking Barge Deluxe for day trips, but I can't get away for long enough at the moment!
    I did it the other way around (had the 7MDH and decided to add a smaller shoulder bag for a quick couple hour outing) but have just found that the 5MDH is really too tiny to be practical at all. Even removing the grip its still a squeeze to get much in there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got the lowpro 202 slingshot today.
    It sold me on the idea of how it slips from being on your back, to rotating under your arm, for it to come to rest right in front of you (just beneath your chest), for easy acess without having to take it off.
    Also has plenty of room for a beginner just starting out, with room to grow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, that's what I had previously. Fit my 450D+grip with 30mm sigma, nifty 50 and flash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a lowepro flipside 300 and love it. Fits everything and is extremely comfortable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got a tamrac adventure 7 currently, but find that it only just fits my 550d with 18-200mm lens.

will have to upgrade once i get my 100-400mm, probably to the lowepro flipside 300, as it should fit the 100-400 mounted as well as i really like the fact it opens from the side that's flat to your back, i do alot of travelling, and this seems like a really good security benefit!

though it lacks the personal space compartment that my current backpack has! (lowepro flipside 400 AW?)
    Canon 7D, 550D, 1N HS, EOS 88, 17-55 2.8, 18-200mm, 10-22mm, 28mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.4, 28-105
    Canon AE-1, 50mm, Nikon FM2(n), 50mm, 24-70mm, Tamron 300mm
    Mamiya RB 67 Pro-S 90mm C, 180mm C
    Mamiya M645 1000s, 35mm C, 80mm C, 150mm C, 210 mm C
    430EX II, Benro Tripod and Monopod
    and a bunch of toy cameras!
    -Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2x backpacks. How the heck do you make everything you need fit into one?
    I try to rationalise and carry only what I need, then the thing I end up needing, is what I left at home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried many bags including the LowePro shoulder and back packs.
    I always come back to the Tamrac.
    My favorite is the small shoulder bag.
    I also have the 8 and 12 that I take to shoot Events.
    They stay in the trunk of the car.

I just upgraded the LowePro back pack to a Tamrac CyberPack 8.
    It holds a lot more stuff and is much better organized but weighs a ton when filled.

Most of the time I hike with one camera and mounted lens only. It hangs from a Black Rapid strap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I felt like a tosser initially but I wore my RS DR-1 Double Strap (Black Rapid) to a wedding on the weekend. I wasnt an official shooter but was asked by the B&G to take candids. I wore it under my suit so it wasnt so obvious apart from a largish lump on each hip were the cameras sat. I had my D300 with 70-200 on my right hip and a D80 with 28-70 (Sigma) on the left hip. I was initially quite self concious but after watching the tog walking around with an assitant behind him with a spare lens at the ready I thought what the heck and just went for it. The only hassle was if you went to sit down. You had to position the cameras so you didnt sit on them or bang them on chairs. The cameras sat comfortable on the hips and were easy to get to even though they were under jacket. Only issue I found was with the camera on the left you had to hold the camera awkwardly to go into portrait mode because of how the strap attaches to the base of the camera. Would I do it again..Yep..did I get some weird looks...yep...at the end of the day did I care...nope...After a while people gave you a wide berth perhaps thinking I knew what I was doing. Image is everything. I should have got a shot of me in the gear. Maybe next time.

Adrian Fischer
    Brisbane, Australia

Gear: Nikon D80, D300, Nikon 35mm f1.8, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, 105mm f2.5, 18-200 VR, 70-200 VR, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8, Sigma 50-500, Tonkina 12-24 f4, SB-600, various YongNuo Strobes, various umbrellas, 6 x 300w studio flashes, various softboxes, reflectors, stands, transmitters and receivers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lowepro Flipside 400AW - I think it deserve to win the best ideal ever!

Wish they do have the 500AW available to the public, or even a 600AW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main gear is in a Vertex 200. Filters and sundries are in a Lowepro reporter/shoulder bag. 500 f/4 and 300 2.8 are in hard cases (300 in the original Canon, 500 in a Peli/Storm Case)
    Other "bits" in a crumpler and another Lowepro backpack...

I've got too many backpacks :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Crumpler 5 Million for our D90 w/ 18-105 & 35f1.8. Works a treat for our needs. Tried a friends 4 Million first, worked okay if it was just the D90 and one of the lenses. It works good on the shoulder or slung across the body.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast