Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Print comes out darker then on the screen

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Print comes out darker then on the screen

I printed a picture this morning and the print came out darker then it was on my screen...how do i fix this ???

Printer is a canon pixma........

print still looks good but, But it would be nice that if you print it actually looks as it is on your screen.............

Is this a calibration issue...??

Thanks people

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try reducing the saturation of thde image before printing. The saturation can increase in the print process
    cc and enjoy

Photography is painting with light

K1, Pentax 18-250mm zoom, Pentax 100mm macro, Sigma 50-500mm, Pentax 28-105mm
    Velbon Sherpa tripod Photoshop CS6

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can'tr imagine that bringing down saturation levels is going to make it lighter...but i can have a go at it.

ta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DO you have your screen calibrated?
    Or maybe does it need a calibration?
    I found out that my prints were very misleading before I got my spyder pro.
    Cheers,
    Tony

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With LCD you very rarely get a good match, 10% is the closest I can get with calibrated monitor (X-Rite Eye one) and dedicated ICC profiles, CRT monitors were more accurate by far, I got prints to an exact match then. Margaret
    Margaret

Fuji XT2 Manfrotto MF 055XPROB Pro Tripod & gynbal head, Fuji 18-55 mm, Fuji 14 mm, Fuji 55-200 mm, Fuji 80 mm macro, Fuji 60mm macro, Fuji 100-400 mm, SB600 Speedlight, Photoshop, Lightroom on a Mac, Critiques welcomed

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most likely a screen calibration issue.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if all else fails calibrate either the printer to you monitor of more likely monitor to printer

simply hold yer printout up to the screen and have the same picture on the screen... now make the monitor look like the printout... its a bit vague but should do the job. alas if the printer is out then the pics on the screen will always look wrong to you

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ving View Post
    if all else fails calibrate either the printer to you monitor of more likely monitor to printer

simply hold yer printout up to the screen and have the same picture on the screen... now make the monitor look like the printout... its a bit vague but should do the job. alas if the printer is out then the pics on the screen will always look wrong to you
    Now that makes sense, I'll give that a shot...cheers

If i could afford one of them spyders i would buy one......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the same problem - have to keep remembering that my screen is a lot brighter, I have a print at home action set up that automatically lightens and adjusts the colour on a copy. That way I can print it at home but I still have the original for screen viewing and printing at a lab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by discontinued View Post
    I get the same problem - have to keep remembering that my screen is a lot brighter, I have a print at home action set up that automatically lightens and adjusts the colour on a copy. That way I can print it at home but I still have the original for screen viewing and printing at a lab.
    I have ended up doing the same thing Salli, monitor is calibrated but printer seems to output much more cyan than other colours, so I have added a screen layer set to 70%, and get pretty close. The only way to get a mono print is to let the printer manage colour, instead of photoshop.

One of the most frustrating aspects of my workflow....
    Cheers, Lani.
    Bodies: Nikon D700, D300 Primes: Nikon 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4G, 105mm VR 2.8, 300mm f4. Zooms: Nikon 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200VR II 2.8, Sigma 10-20mm Processing: Photoshop CS5 extended, LR 3.2.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A link to Imagescience with information on calibration and printing.

http://www.imagescience.com.au/

Margaret

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ving View Post

My screen becomes very dark, so not the solution....have to have a think..

Thanks people for hints and tips

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is your printer calibratable then?

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and how do i do that, in saying that, it means , I don't know

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could also be the software you use to print the image with Roof!!

I once had a go at printing via PS(long, long time ago, when I knew less than nothing!) and I remember I had brightness issues.
    Then I just used the supplied Canon software, easy photo print or whatever it's called and it simply vanished!

No idea why, only that it seemed to work better that way.
    Of course I printed a few smallish 4x6's before I printed an A4 to confirm that.

Do all my PP-ing with my editor, and then once the jpg is finished, I may print the image, but only via the Canon software.

printer profiles maybe?? maybe it recognises the paper more accurately.. no idea only why, only that it works well.

ps. I have to say tho I hardly ever print. Maybe only 10 images in the last three years or so, and even then usually a print of some family oriented photo for my mum or sis, or whoever.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the easyprint software AK but it came out dark, and last night i used LR and same deal so it looks like a monitor issue but if i adjust my monitor to the darkness of the print as what ving sugested it's not really nice to look at.....the way i have my setup is my computer and my wife's lappie are networked and the printer is connected to the lappie so i print via printer sharing. i'm going to have a go at connectint the printer to my computer and then make a few test prints.........and honestly how do you calibrate a printer.....i did a search on the net yesterday and someone had the same printer and printed some images and they looked identical to what was on the screen so it could just be a problem here.

But hey that's computers for ya.................

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You calibrate a printer using the same technique as for a screen. The Colorvision Spyder people make a printer calibration tool as well. Basically you print a set sheet (looks like a colour chart) then the calibration tool is scanned over the print, and a printer profile is created.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your screen should be dark once calibrated (well... relative to the original brightness),
    a good target is Luminance: 120-140cd/m2... once I lowered the luminance on my monitor to 120.. I started getting perfect matches to print.
    C & C always welcome / Matte Mac User / Leica M2 - M8 - 28mm 2.8 Elmarit ASPH / Voigtlander 35mm 2.5 Skopar / Sony NEX-5 - 16mm 2.8 - 18-55 Kit - A mount adaptor - 30mm Macro / Rayqual E-mount to Leica M adaptor