Thread: Print comes out darker then on the screen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most likely a screen calibration issue.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if all else fails calibrate either the printer to you monitor of more likely monitor to printer

simply hold yer printout up to the screen and have the same picture on the screen... now make the monitor look like the printout... its a bit vague but should do the job. alas if the printer is out then the pics on the screen will always look wrong to you

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ving View Post
    if all else fails calibrate either the printer to you monitor of more likely monitor to printer

simply hold yer printout up to the screen and have the same picture on the screen... now make the monitor look like the printout... its a bit vague but should do the job. alas if the printer is out then the pics on the screen will always look wrong to you
    Now that makes sense, I'll give that a shot...cheers

If i could afford one of them spyders i would buy one......

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ving View Post

My screen becomes very dark, so not the solution....have to have a think..

Thanks people for hints and tips

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is your printer calibratable then?

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and how do i do that, in saying that, it means , I don't know

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could also be the software you use to print the image with Roof!!

I once had a go at printing via PS(long, long time ago, when I knew less than nothing!) and I remember I had brightness issues.
    Then I just used the supplied Canon software, easy photo print or whatever it's called and it simply vanished!

No idea why, only that it seemed to work better that way.
    Of course I printed a few smallish 4x6's before I printed an A4 to confirm that.

Do all my PP-ing with my editor, and then once the jpg is finished, I may print the image, but only via the Canon software.

printer profiles maybe?? maybe it recognises the paper more accurately.. no idea only why, only that it works well.

ps. I have to say tho I hardly ever print. Maybe only 10 images in the last three years or so, and even then usually a print of some family oriented photo for my mum or sis, or whoever.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the easyprint software AK but it came out dark, and last night i used LR and same deal so it looks like a monitor issue but if i adjust my monitor to the darkness of the print as what ving sugested it's not really nice to look at.....the way i have my setup is my computer and my wife's lappie are networked and the printer is connected to the lappie so i print via printer sharing. i'm going to have a go at connectint the printer to my computer and then make a few test prints.........and honestly how do you calibrate a printer.....i did a search on the net yesterday and someone had the same printer and printed some images and they looked identical to what was on the screen so it could just be a problem here.

But hey that's computers for ya.................