User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dirt Cheap Cameras experiences?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was goign to buy stuff from them but got put off by the same post the rick has linked. I went instead with digidirect who were very good.
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used Dirt Cheap Cameras for three purchases,
    1st was a D200 a few years back, quick delivery and yes it was grey import.
    I didnt know about grey imports back then, i thought it was something to do with Canon lenses as they were a grey kind of white colour,LOL
    2nd was for a 300mm/2.8 and the service was even better, they rang me to tell me when it was posted and that i ordered just before the price rise. They also advertise as "Australian warranty" hmmm, warranty card reads "nikon HK".
    Now to the third purchase, i'm still waiting 5 weeks after ordering and they took the money 2 days after the order was placed! Giving them till the end of the week and then thats it I've only ordered a small Velbon table top tripod btw

I wish Stu @ Quality Camera Sales sold Nikon gear

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwheatie View Post
    I wish Stu @ Quality Camera Sales sold Nikon gear
    Me 3 mate, best online service I have ever had came from him
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah we have bought a LOT of stuff from Stu @ quality camera, can't say a single bad word about the service from him!
    **Canon EOS 40D *** **Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM**Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L***Canon 580EX Speedlight**

I'm here to learn, honest critique welcome on my photos unless otherwise stated.
    >>>>www.melissamillerphotography.com.au <<<<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviving an old thread, but wanted to add my recent experience with Dirt Cheap Cameras.

Ordered a Lens from them after being told it was instock ans as they were the only supplier who had one I paid the bit extra they were asking to ensure I got it. After a week I started chasing the order and got constant excuses and reassurance that it would be in any day, turns out it wasn't instock at all. After 3 weeks I finally decided I wanted my money back. After multiple emails and phone calls and more excuses that the manager was the only person who could process my request but wasn't in or was in a meeting or with a customer or didn't recieve my email etc, etc. I eventually got my money back a week later. I will never consider them again, even if they happen to be cheaper than a any other competitor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience was great. Left it til the last minute to buy my flash before a day out and D&D etc didn't have stock. Dirt Cheap had an SB600 in stock, close to matched D&D's price. Went in next day, greeted by the boss like a long lost pal, paid and left. Easy peasy and was pleased with the deal.
    Have: Nikon D90; Tamron 17-50mm 2.8; Tokina 50-135mm 2.8; Tamron 18-270 'alphabet' lens; Nikkor 50mm 1.8; 1x Nikon SB-600; 3x Yongnuo YN560 flash, 1x Yongnuo YN465 flash.

Want: Tamron 90mm 2.8 macro;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12