Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: NTP: Challenge VI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooo in three weeks I will be able to take one of these Great challenge!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    perfect timing! i've been taking a few landscapes as well as sunrise shots recently and since my last request for feedback i have been trying to work with the rule of thirds. This will be a good challenge.
    Chelle.
    I've had my camera on AUTO for far too long... learning the ropes on my Sony A300.
    C&C welcome - but keep it simple!
    I'm more interested in capturing memories than in taking the best photo ever (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my effort, not quite the right time, but i tried to get as many of the other prerequisites that i could.
    Only had basic fixes applied, eg, cropping etc.

Taken along Sandy Bay Road at about 8.45 am.

Julie

Canon 6D,Fuji X100
    l Canon 50mm f1.8 MK l l Canon 85mm f1.8 l Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro l Canon 24-70IS f4L l LR4/CS6

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to wait a bit.... IT'S RAINING HERE!!! YAY!!!!!! I'll add mine after the rain has stopped
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here`s one Rick. I took this near sunset, down at the local bridge at Hinton, on the day I got my 12-24 nikkor. I didn`t crop it because the moon was in the upper portion and I wanted to keep the reflection of the bridge and clouds. The dust bunnies are actually swallows.

Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, that bridge shot is nice.
    i took a heap pf shots today and really concentrated on sticking to the rule of thirds. no time now to upload and save them for the forum but hopefully soon. i'm keen to see them on the computer and see how they turned out.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good work Julie, well used Rule of thirds, with the placement of the trees and horizon. I hope you found that by taking shots with the Rule of thirds in mind, it made you 'see' how just changing the camera slightly can greatly improve the final result.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Graeme, the bridge certainly divides you image in three's across the screen, I understand why you kept the moon, but currently your horizon is very central, I reckon if you did chop some off the sky, to move the horizon up so it is 2/3rd of the way up the photo, it improves it compositionally. You can see how that works by just scrolling the thread to chop off the top of the sky, it then really make the bridge stand out a lot more. Good work, great landscape scene you found there.