Ive just opened a Redbubble account and have a few images that im happy enough with to put on there for sale. Now I need to get my head around suitable resolution/pixel dimensions/dpi ..

Im a little bit stuck on the best way to prepare the images for upload.

Redbubble require files to be at least 3854 x 2560 (10mp) for large prints. They make no mention of minimum dpi. See here for requirements.

My Sony is a 10.2mp camera. Im pretty certain that the dpi straight from camera is 72.(Ill confirm this when I get home tonight and get my hands on my camera, but im 99% certain of it)

Most of the info Ive read seems to indicate that for the best print quality, dpi should be around 240 or 300 .. Now when Ive finished editing in GIMP and providing the resolution in pixel dimensions meets the RB requirements (as above) should I change the dpi in the "Print Size" tab from 72 to 240 or 300 before saving and subsequently uploading to RB ??

Is this the right way to prepare the file ?? and if so, will changing the dpi affect the pixel dimension of the file or is the dpi only relevant to the printing process ??

Am I on the right track here ..