Hi Guys,

Seems like there's a few clever techie heads floating around here. I'd love your advice on this.

I'm looking to upgrade my current pc to a new iCore system. I've done my research and set my budget and have come up with these specs listed below. I'm still not sure about a monitor yet, and it seems very difficult to decide. I'd love a good one of course, but I'm trying to do all this for under $3000, and the current build parts below already comes to over $2400. Which leaves me about $500 for a good monitor, preferably 24" and full HD. Dell I believe make a good IPS model? And then I'd like more hdd's....

Anyway, my other issue is OS. I'm keen to get Windows 7 but I don't think I can wait as it may not be out for another 6 months or more. But is it silly to buy such a system now and have to install my old unused XP Pro license on it, only to have to reinstall the whole OS just a few months later and have to pay retail price for Windows 7 instead of getting it OEM at the time?

What would you do? And what do you think of the system? I'm not a gamer, but mad multi tasking photographer.

CASE - SilverStone Raven RV01
PSU - Corsair HX620
Mobo - GA-EX58-UD3R
CPU - iCore 920
CPU COOLER - Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme 1366
RAM - OCZ 6G(3x2G) DDR3 10666 Platinum CL-7-7-7-20
HDD - Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB HDD, 3.5", SATAII, 7200rpm, 32MB Cache (WD10EADS)
GPU - Saphire HD4870 512MB
DVD - Pioneer DVR-216BK 20x

Geoff