User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Joe McNally book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my book looks beat up and tattered already - because i've been taking it with me everywhere. turns out i set my camera up quite similarly to him. the book really inspires you to try stuff out. i wish i had a bajillion speedlights and a model like risa!
    Thanks,
    Nam

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by N*A*M View Post
    my book looks beat up and tattered already - because i've been taking it with me everywhere. turns out i set my camera up quite similarly to him. the book really inspires you to try stuff out. i wish i had a bajillion speedlights and a model like risa!
    Yeah well what you do is buy a roll of good contact - not the cheap sticky stuff that attaches itself to everything else, but the book. I reinforce the spine and cover page edges with strips of contact before covering. I have purchased a few bird and photography books of late (including the Joe McNally book). I noticed that these books are not put together well and will deteriorate with use. I keep telling my brother to give me his bird book, so I can repair it, can ya hear me brother....- but he can't part with it....Working in a library has its perks, you know....
    Last edited by Shelley; 11-05-2009 at 11:43pm.
    Shelley
    (constructive criticism welcome)

www.shelleypearsonphotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My copy arrived today. Only took a week (from Big W online), so wasn't too bad compared to some other people's experiences. Only had a brief flick through so far, but it looks pretty good.

One thing that caught my eye was the setup sketch on page 273. Notice how the author refers to himself? As...

...wait for it...

...Mongo! He even uses third-person speak!! The exact words are "Mongo shoot fasion. Mongo like". That's the Mongo we all know and love!

Now we know who Mongo really is - it's Joe McNally!
    Canon DSLRs & lenses | Fuji X series & lenses | Ricoh GR

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234