Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Software that came with your camera

Last night I found the CD that came with my K200D and loaded it on to the computer, I had never used PENTAX PHOTO Browser before or knew what it did but it seems to work well for reviewing photos.

I never hear much talk on here about the software that comes with camera, do most people use it much or do everything in 3rd party software?

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried really hard to use it, and like it, but I found it to be very buggy and slow on my PC, and in the end looked at other options - of which I still haven't found an ideal solution.

I may give it another shot soon, after I give my pc a clean up and tune up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Sony Image data suite installed .. I use the RAW processor sometimes. But I use Aperture for RAW processing the most part, and GIMP for editing.
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the all the canon software installed from the CD plus updates from the canon site for it all.

I use Zoom Browser and EOS utility the most - sometimes I'll use DPP also - Some of the other stuff havent used as yet.
    Cat (aka Cathy) - Another Canon user - 400D, 18-55,75-300mm Kit Lens,50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro, Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 DG, Tripod and a willingness to learn
    Software used: PhotoImpact, Irfanview and a lot of plugins
    We don't make a photograph just with a camera, we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved. - Ansel Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have all the Canon software installed and updated. I always use EOS Utility to download my images from the camera - works a treat.
    Because I shoot in RAW I also use DPP almost every day. The editing and conversion tools with DPP are very good.
    I also use Web Briwser quite a lot, and the other software much less frequently.
    Graham

Canon- EOS 7D with BG-E7 grip, 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, 24-105L f/4; Speedlites 580EX II, 550EX, 430EX.
    Sigma- 18-50 f/2.8, 50-150 f/2.8, 120-300 f/2.8, 50-500 f/4.5-6.3 APO DG OS, 30 f/1.4, 150 f/2.8 macro, Sigma APO 1.4x and 2x Teleconverters;
    Kenko Extension tubes; Benro- M-257 tripod & B-1 ballhead; Wimberley- Sidekick.
    Home made "bag" on wheels; heaps and heaps of other minor stuff!

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hafvent touched the software that came with my nikon... i assume it works ok tho.