Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing you are missing:-

Most airlines will allow you to have a fairly reasonable camera bag and a small carry on bag - about 600mm long 300mm wide and high for all your carry on stuff thats not camera ie a light jacket, book to read and your duty free grog.

I travelled to the UK with BA and home from Paris with Air France change to QANTAS in Singapore (all QANTAS code share) and not once did they question the two bags, but, the camera bag which was a Tamrac Adventurer 9 backpack only had camera gear in it - 2 bodies 3 lenses, a flash plus all the bits and pieces like filters and spare batteries and chargers. That way I can always claim that its only camera gear and should be allowed - and it was . The secret is make it look like what it is - camera gear.

Where this principle will falls down is if you plan to use any light aircraft where the rules are all thrown out and you allowed virtually nothing. My wife did some domestic flights in Africa and the weight limits were outrageous - 19kg all up . My camera bag weighs nearly this much when fully loaded for bear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agreed the perfect bag does not exists, its a horses for courses affair.
    For myself the almost perfect bag is in the form of a Lowepro Primus AW, great for travel, hiking and heading off piste with my snowboard strapped to it. Also have a Lowepro Deluxe Street and Field waistbelt, which is great on shoots. Was tempted by a Dakine trolly bag for my snowboard but settled on a Bakoda trolly snowboard bag in the end

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No light aircraft - just 777s at the moment so overheads shouldn't be a problem. Would rather just have to worry about one carry on bag rather than tote 2 around the airports
    Nikon D750
    Olympus m/43
    Rolleicord IV

My SmugMug

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea OK just letting you know what really works for me

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks anyway for the tip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a lowepro rover s&f and i find it great if i need to pack a bit of gear really comfy, in it i have my e-620 with 25mm f1.4, my 12-60, 50mm macro, flash, 50-150, 8mm fisheye in the bottom. it has a separate section in the top for all your junk and a few pockets and a tripod holder.
    i know what you mean about never having enough bags my other fave is my crumpler 7 mil home which i tend to use when im going to be swapping lenses a bit as i find it easer to work out of a shoulder bag.
    E-620 and to many lenses