User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: posture problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

posture problem?

Not sure if anyone can help me but I am having a painful time at my home workstation. This means I can only sit at my pc for very short periods of time. I then experience pain and numbness in my right leg, back and shoulders and right arm and hand. I have the same kind of chair at work so no problems there. The only difference is that my desk at home has a keyboard drawer which is slightly lower than my desk at work. I don't have arms on my chairs and I use a logitech cordless mouse and keyboard in both locations.
    Anyone had a similar experience, if so what's the fix?
    This is driving me nuts so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

Terry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Terry, no definite answer from me I'm afraid....just keep trying different seating height combinations until you get one that suits.

I myself have purchased 3 quality computer chairs and have discarded all three as none of them were any good for more than 1 hour or so, same thing, numb legs, back and headaches, no matter what I did I had grief with them

I have reverted back to one of my own design kitchen chairs, hard seat, stiff vertical back and not built for extreme comfort.....but I can sit in this chair for hours on end and get up as fresh as when I first sat down.....incredible, but it's a fact

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having similar problems, also bough an expensive chair, comfy but hasn't solved the problem, I just have to limit amount of time sitting before getting up and stretching etc.
    It literally is a pain in the bum!
    Cheers, Lani.
    Bodies: Nikon D700, D300 Primes: Nikon 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4G, 105mm VR 2.8, 300mm f4. Zooms: Nikon 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200VR II 2.8, Sigma 10-20mm Processing: Photoshop CS5 extended, LR 3.2.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best practice OH&S is (I am not a Doctor)
    a) Chair is high enough that your feet are flat and your knees are bent at 90 degrees
    b) Top of the monitor is at eye height when sitting straight up

http://www.ergonomics.com.au/pages/4...how_to_sit.htm
    http://dohs.ors.od.nih.gov/ergo_computers.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to work in the fitness industry had a few clients with a similar problem a few got rid of there chair and got a fit ball(medi ball pro) this makes sit in the right position and helps with core strength 3 sizes available.
    Photoshop CS4 and lightroom 2 (lI know a little bit but am learning )
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated
    Feel free to re work my images, just please let me know what you did, and how you did it so I can learn
    Stu .
    my website
    my gallery