User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Exposing for Off Camera flash ??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exposing for Off Camera flash ??

ok so i got all my bits finally (see here) and the triggers are working. They seem to be firing the off camera flash pretty consistently with both the test button and the shutter. So no problems with the mechanics. Problem is exposure.

Ive now noticed with just a few play shots that the exposure is very very blown out. Im pretty new to exposing with flash so any tips or advice appreciated are much appreciated

In the semi manual modes (A and S priority) my cameras flash menu consists of

1. Fill
    2.Slow Sync
    3. Rear Sync
    4. Wireless

Same options in full manual.

I also have the option of Pre-TTL flash and ADI.

When I use the onboard flash to trigger the off camera flashgun, I have the camera and flash set to optical wireless mode which relies on infrared to send and recieve the trigger signal, and the exposures seem spot on for the most part.

Now when using the new triggers, im not sure how to set it all up and get correct exposure , all the test shots ive taken are WAY blown ??? Can anyone steer me in the right direction oh and my flash is fully automatic, no manual power settings ..
    Last edited by bigdazzler; 10-03-2009 at 2:15pm.
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk