User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: On the cheap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the cheap

Couldn't see an appropriate thread for this, Mods please move if required.......

I just wanted to share that I was having trouble with my boom light-stand, I needed a counterbalance weight ........

I didn't want to use sand-bags (my lounge is my studio) so I settled on using my sons weights (as in bar-bell weights).

Now it wasn't too hard to jury-rig these to be able to hang them on the boom.

Then walking through Bunnings a couple of days ago, I just happened to notice that they had "hanging-basket" chains for 68 cents !! Yep, 68 cents !!!

It was a light-bulb going off in your head moment !!!!

It's one chain (that hooks onto your pergola) that then splits into three chains to clip onto your hanging basket.

So the long (pergola) chain I hooked onto the boom, and then I had three chains (with a dog-collar-type-clip on each) dangling down.

Then it was a simple matter to thread a weight on each chain (as required) and clip the individual chains back to the central connector !!!

Did I mention the whole thing cost me well under one dollar !!!

Hope this helps someone,

HappySnapper.

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha!! on the cheap alright!
    well done

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol good work.

I hate walking into bunnings, i always end up buying something i could use one day but don't necessarily need it. Ikea is worse!

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! if you knew my 'ol man .. he'd comment that you got ripped off!
    He's even cheaper than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Wantone View Post
    lol good work.

I hate walking into bunnings, i always end up buying something i could use one day but don't necessarily need it. Ikea is worse!
    OK... at least I'm not the only one, I was beginning to think I had some incurable medical condition!
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a standing joke in our family that if we couldn't find mum anywhere we'd just go looking at bunnings.. lol, every time she went there, she'd walk out with something different, we were starting to call it her 2nd home!
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.