User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: No permissions on AP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No permissions on AP

Hi folks, sorry I couldn't find a thread on this problem. Just a couple of areas I have tried to go [Gallery & POTW] within AP but it comes up with the page "you do not have permission, this could be for one of several reasons..." - is there anything I need to do or anyone I need to contact to rectify?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to be an active member to access some of the different areas with in the site. As you reach certain post counts your access increases.

Someone may correct me if i am incorrect though
    Kind Regards, Deb

Canon 1000D, 7D, Sigma 100mm Macro, Tamron 17-50mm, 18-55mm, 70 - 300mm, 50mm f1.8, Sigma 10-20mm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deb you are correct in what your saying. Section 9 in the rules states ....The Site Gallery is not available to members with less than 30 days members and less than 50 posts (both criteria must be met to gain access).
    Cheers Peter
    Canon 7D...Canon 40D...Canon 24-70L 2.8...Canon 70-200L 2.8...Canon 17-85...Canon 50mm...Speedlights....Tripods...Filters... Battery grips.... And heaps of other stuff

There are always two people in every picture.. the photographer and the viewer.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by habro View Post
    Hi folks, sorry I couldn't find a thread on this problem. Just a couple of areas I have tried to go [Gallery & POTW] within AP but it comes up with the page "you do not have permission, this could be for one of several reasons..." - is there anything I need to do or anyone I need to contact to rectify?

Thanks!
    yep, until you are an active member you cannot access some areas. When your post count reaches 1 you gain access to the member photos and competitions, and you have to reach 50 posts to access some other areas (gallery and classifieds).

Be aware that ongoing activity is required, if you do not post for a set time, you will be moved to inactive members (even if you have been logging on), and your access will again be restricted. These are automated processes, and once you do post, it can take an hour or so for your access upgrade.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay helps answer my question too

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please be aware some forums do not count towards your post count. Eg. Introductions and Off-Topic.

Edit: Due to the need for batch job to run your rights may not be granted for up to one hour after your post count goes over a threshold.