User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Sports Posters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sports Posters

To offer some value added services this year at soccer and cricket etc I am setting up some template sports posters, using a combination of a free download CS3 template, stealing knowledge off people and my own mediocre PP and design skills

This is where I am at so far

Any suggestions ?
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Darren
    I think thats looks great, What size is the actual poster? How about you do one for basketball as well
    Cheers Peter
    Canon 7D...Canon 40D...Canon 24-70L 2.8...Canon 70-200L 2.8...Canon 17-85...Canon 50mm...Speedlights....Tripods...Filters... Battery grips.... And heaps of other stuff

There are always two people in every picture.. the photographer and the viewer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Darren, looks great to me. Only a couple of crits, maybe blend the side edges of the white box similar to the top & bottom. Secondly, a bit of "preen" on that knee before it stains

An honest C+C please!

"I started life with nothing and I still have most of it left"

Nikon D300
    Photoshop CS4 Extended

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm... I don't know. I like the idea but the layout is too busy to my taste. And yes, you do need to brush up your PP a bit , the area around the hair is somewhat crude and you forgot a part around the laces of his left shoe (right side for the viewer) .
    Ciao, Joost

All feedback is highly appreciated!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks good. Hope you perfect it and get a nice bundle of orders from the parents.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jev View Post
    Hmm... I don't know. I like the idea but the layout is too busy to my taste. And yes, you do need to brush up your PP a bit , the area around the hair is somewhat crude and you forgot a part around the laces of his left shoe (right side for the viewer) .

Yeah, first go at masking too, so, rushed it a bit

Do you think too busy at the size I am looking at producing 20x30 ?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbikes View Post
    Hi Darren
    I think thats looks great, What size is the actual poster? How about you do one for basketball as well

20x30 (or about a3 size). Any smaller and I'm not sure it's worth it. Will try to sell for $50 a go I think

I intend to have a template for each sport once I get the basic template sorted

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Do you think too busy at the size I am looking at producing 20x30 ?
    There is text on the left, on the bottom and on the right. In addition, the pattern of the laces of the ball on the top and right - that just is too much. Yep, at 20x30 I think it will look too busy. It all seems to be a bit out of proportion - the left side is a bit heavy compared to the right. I do like the idea though!

Another thing: since you're gonna' sell these, will you leave the "peak action images" signature on there? Personally, I would not buy it for 50 bucks when there's such a large add on the poster, but that may be just me. Isn't 20x30 a bit small for a poster too? I guess that is the maximum size you can print or do you intend to outsource the printing?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all good points Jev, thanks

Agreed my logo will go

I outsource all my printing and typically laminate. I can go bigger I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David had a crack at some of this type of thing last year with his basketball shots.

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ght=basketball

I was thinking at the time, and still am, of doing something like it myself.

I like what you've done, perhaps it is a tad busy. But it's a fantastic start.

Will you bother doing the masking etc of someone into the photo in order to show them what it will look like? Or just have a couple of examples that they can say "I think that'd look good with my son in it" and then you go and do it?

Could imagine you'd waste a bunch of time putting ppl in cards like this if they weren't going to buy them.
    Michael.

Camera: Canon EOS 400D w/ Battery Grip (BG-E3)
    Lenses: Sigma 10-20, Sigma 24-70, Canon 50 f/1.8 & Sigma 70-200
    Software: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.4 and Photoshop CS3
    Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrjorge/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this layout for sport images. The CS3 templates, do they do a sort of collage style template? Like putting together one of him bowling, batting and say, taking a catch?

I'd like to do something similar but with a few images as well. After Skaifey's last race last year I framed up a triptych of shots but a collage of them in this style I reckon would look good (for personal use of course).
    Cheers,
    Dave

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, Ive simplified this a bit now, see what you think. I still need to replace the NFL footballs with cricket balls

The template is from probably the largest template provider that I have come across and one that seems to be the standard for US based sports shooters anyhow

But they are NOT cheap, certainly when you convert their USD into our peso

http://www.artisticaction.com/
    Last edited by kiwi; 19-02-2009 at 5:11pm.