Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Exposure control in PS

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exposure control in PS

We have often read about correcting exposure when using RAW images; however all is not lost for JPEGers. This will work best and maybe only on under-exposed images; that is, images that look dark and have not received enough light.

With your image open go image>adjustment>exposure (down near the bottom) and there are three sliders to play with. Fiddle with those until you get a more acceptable image. It can also be added from the layers pallet. As usually, work ONLY on a copy of the image

Also handy is shadow/hight control; go image>adjustment>shadow/highlight (just above exposure.

Maybe not be as good as the perfectly exposed image from the camera but it may help you.

I have included an image I mucked up a few years ago with a D100; this only shows exposure correction, more work is required on the image.

You are welcome to add your ideas or more detailed use to this thread; and the Rick may move the thread to a more appropriate forum.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with using the exposure control is it introduces noise and doesn't do any good for the shadowed dark areas.

I tried changing the image using the highlight /shadow control and a bit of additional contrast which wont give as much noise to the image.

Note the the changes are just made from the web image in the thread. Better results will occur from an original.
    Attached Images Attached Images