HI ,

Been trying to get my head around the colour spaces, 8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit stuff and want to know peoples thoughts on changing from one to the other, especially if it's say from an 8 bit sRGB file to say a 16 bit Adobe RGB or even ProPhoto RGB, can it be done? I can see that downgrading from a 16 bit Adobe RGB would be possible but am wondering if it works the other way around. Wouldn't there be too much interpolation by the computer to add extra shades of colour where it wasn't?

Should I just continue with an sRGB colour setting, I have numerous slides that I have had converted to digital and most are 8 bit sRGB files, some 16 bit sRGB. I know for Web stuff sRGB is the choice.

What about my G10? the specs say it has an sRGB colour space, but I thought that if I saved files in RAW format that they did not have a colour space embedded, am I wrong with this? I thought that a RAW file could be anything that you wanted, maybe I am wrong here.
Be nice to find an easy to understand article or articles on this subject, can anyone point me to something. I have googled this subject and as many results there are there are an equal number of interpretations on this subject.

Mick