User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Displaying on a Plasma or LCD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Displaying on a Plasma or LCD?

Ive seen Photographers Display work on LCD or Plasma Television Screens before and they look Fantastic, however I tried this the other day, and it looks Terrible! The brightness range is gone highlights blown out, but more importantly the level of distortion is massive, is there a way to fix the brightness issue and how to I Find out what size to make my images so they don't look that stretched or squashed on the Screen. Any help?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The ones I have seen, use a laptop PC plugged into the screen and run them as a presentation, either using PowerPoint or some other slide show software. Friends of mine that do this (in shopping centres) have a screen calibrator that can be used on their large LCD panel, which helps ensure image quality is good.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I setup my studio (over a year ago) I tested both plasma and LCD panels.

I found that I got the most pleasing results from the plasma, mainly because it had the ability to display blacker blacks. An added bonus was the fact that plasma was a little cheaper than LCD for the equivalent size.

I went with a 50" Panasonic Viera.

Looks great displaying both colour and especially black and white images.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Sony Bravia LCD and it has a usb port on the side of it. I just load my photos onto a usb stick and there is a option in the menu to play a slideshow. It works well with no distortion, brightness problems - they look better on the tv than the computer monitor.

The other option is as Rick has said plug a laptop into it and play as a slideshow from your computer.
    Critique and comments welcomed on my images!

www.philrettkephotography.com
    http://www.flickr.com/philrettke

Canon EOS 5D MKII x 2 | Ef 70-200mm f2.8L IS II USM | Ef 16-35mm f2.8L II | Ef 180mm f/3.5L macro | Ef 24-70mm f/2.8L | Adobe Photoshop CS3 extended | Digital Photo Professional | Photomatix Pro 3 | Adobe Lightroom 2.3