Thread: Edits

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edits

You all well know in the amazing world of digital photography one of the best things about it is you can edit your image. Whether it be deletions or colour enhancement to basic sharpness or grain these days anything goes.

So lets see some of your latest editing efforts. Maybe a brief description of the program and tools used to achieve your desired result would be good for all members to see and perhaps learn from.

I'll start the ball rolling with this one, it's one I posted here a few days ago. Simple shot ...car on road (although it is indeed an awesome car!), but the other cars parked behind distracted from the image, same with the letter box and half a person on the RHS.

A quick edit in PS mainly using clone tool and healing brush tool helped this image alot.

Original:

Edit:

This is not about showcasing an edit to pat yourself on the back. It's more about encouraging everyone here to help one another learn and pick up tips from eachother. If you think my edit is crap .....say so in this thread and let me know how you would have approached it.

So post em up here and lets talk about what weve done and how we did it. I'm all ears!! The more I learn and know the better my results will be in the end. What you think is a tip not worth mentioning may mean the world to someone else.
    Last edited by thing; 15-12-2006 at 6:14pm.
    Nikon D200
    Nikon D70
    Nikkor AF-S VR 70-200 2.8
    Nikkor 50mm 1.8
    Nikkor 18-70 kit lens
    Nikon SB800 Speedlite
    and other stuff

I view stupidity as a virtue.....well it works for me anyway!
    Australian Photography Competitions- Have you voted yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how did you get the chrome more chrome? is it just saturation?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply SSSchwing,

Chrome untouched. It may be an optical thing after the crop. Because both images are 800 pixels on the longest edge the chrome may appear more in your face than before the crop?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm, possibly... nice work either way. I wouldn't have even know if you hadn't posted the original.

I will attempt some edits and post my results and how I went about them. I need the practice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea thing, will definately help me looking at what other people do

Jackaroo
    Canon EOS 400D SLR, EOS 650 SLR, Kodak DX4530
    Speedlight 580 EX II
    EF 50 mm f/1.8
    , EFS 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6 , EF 35 - 70 mm f/3.5 - 4.5 , EF 75 - 300 mm f/4 - 5.6
    Remote Switch RS-60E3
    Manfrotto 190XPROB + 804RC2

Sanctuary Point - 2 hours south of Sydney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing, I can understand the use of the clone tool and I noticed that the shadows where the letterbox and person were is consistent. I have not thought to use the healing tool in this type of edit. Is it used to maintain the tonal quality of the cloned area. Please elaborate?
    Brian

My two pet hates are male chauvanists and women who won't do as they are told

Canon 60D - Canon 17-40mm f4 L USM - Canon 70 - 200mm F4 L IS USM - CANON 24-105MM f4 IS USM - Sigma EF-500 DG Super Flash - Lightroom 4.4 - Photo Elements 11 ****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hrrrm... maybe this is a throwback to my film days, but I'm not a fan of photoshopping images, I mean sure it is useful but one can find themselves reling on the 'cloning' technique a little too much.

This might sound like I am completley against using photoshop for editing, but I have cloned some stuff out of a few images - not too many but a few.

I dunno, I just feel that with the advent of photoshop more and more people are calling themselves photographers, when in fact, they are nothing more than graphic designers - please don't consider this an attack or defamation of anyone who edits, alters, clones, etc. their images hardly any of my photos are touched by more than levelling and contrasting. All the things I used to do in my darkroom.

End Rant.

Sorry guys if this is a bit longwinded.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/indigophoto-au/ <-- My flickr, show me some likes!

Leica M8 | Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f1.4 | Summacron 50mm f2

No edits without permission, please.