please ask before PP my images

"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Raw codec out dated 24/11/09

Changes and corrections made from Canon RAW Codec 1.5.0

Now supports the new models (EOS 7D, PowerShot G11, PowerShot S90).
    Cat (aka Cathy) - Another Canon user - 400D, 18-55,75-300mm Kit Lens,50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro, Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 DG, Tripod and a willingness to learn
    Software used: PhotoImpact, Irfanview and a lot of plugins
    We don't make a photograph just with a camera, we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved. - Ansel Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just updated all my canon software last night - new comp but i'd only done a couple when got it so all now up to date

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like DPP 3.8 will finally feature free image rotation (I never thought I'ld ever use that dancing elephant emoticon, but this certainly is worth it ). The user's manual can be downloaded from the Canon websites here, no ETA on the actual software release yet.
    Ciao, Joost

All feedback is highly appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow the free image rotation will be great Thanks for the update Jev Will be checking the site

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The DPP software update is available from here. I installed and tested it, rotation works nicely. Enjoy!
    Last edited by jev; 27-02-2010 at 9:56am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankyou
    Canon 450D + 18-55 IS + 55-250 IS + 50mm 1.8 + Sigma 10-20 + Tamron 70-200 F2.8 + Grip + 430EX + Hoods + Cards + Velbon Tripod + Tamrac Bag = ME BROKE + NO L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the Update Jev Looks like a few other newer update files there also
    Last edited by Miaow; 02-03-2010 at 6:22pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 new updates out (link as in Jevs post above)

Canon RAW Codec 1.7.0 27.47 MB 03/16/2010

Changes and corrections made from Canon RAW Codec 1.6.0

1. Now supports the new models (EOS-1D Mark IV, EOS Kiss X4 / EOS REBEL T2i / EOS 550D)
    2. Supports Windows7 32-bit version
    3. Fixed the problem wherein Power Shot S90's RAW images or EOS cameras' SRAW/MRAW images are displayed as previews in the Photo Gallery application, if pressing the [Next] button repeatedly, the application will hang for a long period of time.
    ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1 Updater 115.89 MB 03/05/2010
    Changes of ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1;
    1. Now supports the following new products.
    - PowerShot A3100 IS/A3000 IS, PowerShot A495/490, PowerShot SD 1400 IS Digital ELPH / IXY 400F / Digital IXUS 130, PowerShot SD 1300 IS Digital ELPH /IXY 200F / Digital IXUS 105, PowerShot SX210 IS, PowerShot SD 3500 IS Digital ELPH / IXY 10S / Digital IXUS 210
    - iVIS HF S21/VIXIA HF S21/LEGRIA HF S21, VIXIA HF S20/LEGRIA HF S20, VIXIA HF S200/LEGRIA HF S200, VIXIA HF R11/LEGRIA HF R18, iVIS HF R10/VIXIA HF R10/VIXIA HF R16/VIXIA HF R17, iVIS HF R100/VIXIA HF R100/LEGRIA HF R106, iVIS HF M31/VIXIA HF M31, VIXIA HF M30/LEGRIA HF M36, VIXIA HF M300/LEGRIA HF M306
    - EOS Kiss X4 / EOS REBEL T2i / EOS 550D, EOS 5D Mark II (firmware updated to v2.0.3)

2. The application version for downloading images (CameraWindow DC) has been changed.
    If users were using either CameraWindow 6.x or CameraWindow DC 7.x to download images from compact digital cameras, or CameraWindow 6.x to download images from digital video cameras with previous ZoomBrowser versions, some functions will no longer be availble after the application is updated. (*) Also, after the version update, images will be saved to the default folder of CameraWindow DC 8.1 instead.
    *: Printing and direct transfer can no longer be carried out. (Images already downloaded can be printed out from ZoomBrowser EX.) Also, remote shooting using RemoteCaputure Task (for models that support RemoteCaputure Task) and wireless connection (for models that suport wireless connection) are no longer available.

3. The following problems have been fixed.
    - Fixes a problem where more time is required to display RAW images captured with some the models.
    - Fixes a problem where in some environments, MovieEdit Task cannot be started from ZoomBrowser EX.
    Last edited by Miaow; 21-03-2010 at 2:32pm.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 7D firmware available

Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info - I try to stay up to date.
    I did idly wonder why I wasn't seeing the RAW file previews on Windows 7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One reason to use DPP, on the 5D Mk II, you can have Dust Delete Data which DPP recognises and applies to the image.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon 7d firmware update v1.2.2

Whilst trying to resolve a different problem with my 7d, i see there is another firmware update for it.
    http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/fir.../firmware.html

Cheers Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, but a little extra advice would be appreciated. I have just purchased a new 50D with DPP 3.5.1 is there anything in 3.6.1 that I should have. Secondly I run a 15/85 on the 50D, this lens is not included in Lens peripheral illumination correction that Cannon programe into the Camera.
    Is there anyway the information relative to this lens can be included in the Camera's programe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to select 'register' the lens from the EOS utility software. Connect your camera to the computer and start EOS Utility. Select 'Camera settings/Remote Shooting' If 'Shooting Menu' isn't displayed in the 3rd pane down, click the camera icon. Then click on 'Peripheral illumin. correct.'

Select the type of lens eg EF-S and you should be able to select your lens.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at the Canon 60D with the L24-105 lens. I understand that a lot of RAW images can be corrected in camera. Would it be enough to not shot RAW at all. I'm more of an intermediate photographer who loves landscapes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking to buy the new Canon 60D. The camera has in camera processing for both jpeg and RAW. You can shoot in RAW then build your jpeg at any resolution. It can shoot jpeg+Raw. Is it worth shooting RAW? The camera has light optimizer if you tell the camera what lens is on it will correct for all lens distortions. Any advice will be helpful. I know the camera is not out yet but sounds like the perfect camera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhanesworth View Post
    I am looking to buy the new Canon 60D. The camera has in camera processing for both jpeg and RAW. You can shoot in RAW then build your jpeg at any resolution. It can shoot jpeg+Raw. Is it worth shooting RAW? The camera has light optimizer if you tell the camera what lens is on it will correct for all lens distortions. Any advice will be helpful. I know the camera is not out yet but sounds like the perfect camera.
    Yep, shooting in RAW is always preferred, especially if you'll be storing and viewing your files a lot. RAW files also give you much more options in PP.

From my understanding (and I'm guessing others will confirm if this is true or not), JPEG is a "lossy" format, i.e. each time a file is opened and closed, a little bit of the data in the image file is lost, so the file degrades over time. Also, it includes in-camera processing when the file is created, which is not always exactly what your desired effect may be.

RAW is a "lossless" format, so although it takes up a lot of room on a memory card (and your computer), it is a much more versatile file for when you want to correct and/or modify the file to your likings. When you save your changes, it creates a JPEG file, but the original RAW file is still on the computer, and the changes are stored as a separate metadata file so you can always revert back to how the (unprocessed) file was created in the first place.
    Nick T.

Canon EOS 60D; Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM; Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM; Canon "Nifty Fifty" 50mm F/1.8 II; Canon 100mm f/2.8 IS USM Macro; 2x Sigma EF-530DG Super flashes; Manfrotto 190XProB + 804CR2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip. DPP is paqrt of my workflow. RAW conversion via DPP gives significantly better outcomes than PShop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast