User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Newbie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not new to photography but I’m new here. I have been on and off Instagram as a photo sharing medium but now permanently off. I often question why I take photos and what happens to all my images. I keep coming up with the same answers - 1. It’s an outlet for a creativity I never knew I possessed; 2. I love being out enjoying the natural environment; 3. I appreciate the blend of scientific and creative requirements of photography; 4. I get a buzz out of sharing my images with others.

It's the sharing of images and experiences I’m seeking in a photo sharing medium, and Insta is not providing me with the satisfaction it once did. Flicker is ok but I would prefer to connect with more of a local (ie. Australian) group. Hence Australian Photography Forum. Reading the introductory information I’m hopeful that I’ve found a home here.

I look forward to seeing some great photography, connecting with other like minded people, getting some feedback on my photos, and maybe even providing some encouragement and guidance to members who are new to photography.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to AP, and I enjoyed your introduction. The key to making
    AP "your own" is interaction. It sounds to me that that is your aim.
    So, join in, and perhaps do a Weekly Challenge.

There's lots of info in the Library, which is accessible from almost
    anywhere. As soon as you have access, try entering a competition.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and Welcome to AP, after Reading your introduction and what's on your Profile it's all very interesting.
    Though looking at the images you have posted are all Landscapes. So curious as to what other Genre of Photography you are interested in.
    Like the Flora or Fauna you see on your travels, a pity about Africa hopefully you can bring something to those images as you learn more about editing.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Craig and well said. It's like you've read my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by cdholmes View Post
    1. It’s an outlet for a creativity I never knew I possessed;
    2. I love being out enjoying the natural environment;
    3. I appreciate the blend of scientific and creative requirements of photography;
    4. I get a buzz out of sharing my images with others.
    Canon 5Ds, 16-35mm F4 L, 24-105mm F4 L.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mary Anne. Thanks for the welcome. Regarding photographic genres, I also like photographing wildlife when I get the opportunity. Birds quite often but other animals when I come across them. I do a bit of flora, ICM, and lately have been trying to get better at finding interesting compositions for close-ups of nature. Finding that challenging as it’s a different way of looking at things and requires patience, not my strong point.

I was fortunate enough to travel to Africa a second time and got some better shots. Also Antarctica which was amazing. I will post some images from my travels in time. Didn’t want to inundate all the forums as a newcomer.
    Craig.

It's all about perspective.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdholmes View Post
    Hi Mary Anne. Thanks for the welcome. Regarding photographic genres, I also like photographing wildlife when I get the opportunity. Birds quite often but other animals when I come across them. I do a bit of flora, ICM, and lately have been trying to get better at finding interesting compositions for close-ups of nature. Finding that challenging as it’s a different way of looking at things and requires patience, not my strong point.

I was fortunate enough to travel to Africa a second time and got some better shots. Also Antarctica which was amazing. I will post some images from my travels in time. Didn’t want to inundate all the forums as a newcomer.
    Hello Graig.. That's wonderful to get to Africa again and Antarctica. And We need more Birders and Flowers on the Forum.
    Yes you need patience for close-ups of Nature I do Macro so know what you mean.
    Will look forward to seeing what you post on your travels