Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Hi, I'm new here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm new here.

Hi, I'm Chrystaline - real name Chris.

I have been learning photography for a little while and seem to have gravitated towards bird photography. As an Aussie, living in the Northern Rivers of NSW, I feel lucky to have good variety of beautiful birds to photograph. Of course, I haven't been able to shoot all of the species, just a few. I mostly take shots of Rainbow Lorikeets, Blue-faced Honeyeaters, Minor Birds (yes!), Ospreys and other birds of prey.

Lately, I have purchased some lighting equipment and have been trying my hand at Portrait Photography. Experimenting with light and shadows has become my new passion. I am always looking for new subjects to photograph.

I look forward to viewing and commenting on, photos in the "People" section of the forums and also "Nature".

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Chris and Welcome to AP. I loved shooting Birds also, so will look forward to seeing what you post on the Birds Forum.
    So which Minor Birds are they, Indian Myna, or the cheeky Aussie Noisy Miner ?
    You live in a wonderful part of Australia, do you shoot Landscapes so many places to shoot down there.
    I see you have joined right in and thats the best way to get CC on your work

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Chris, and welcome to AP.

It's good to see you jumping right in - posting your own pics and offering CC on others.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Mary Anne, I appreciate the welcome. Yes, I have already posted to the "People" forum.
    The miner/minor birds that I have captured are the Noisy variety. I don't see many of the Indian Miners around here, although they are around.
    I will post a couple that I like tonight.
    I'll look for your bird shots as well. I see that you are in Brisbane, we are practically neighbours!
    Thanks again for the welcome!

Thank you Ameerat42 for the welcome! I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Chrystaline; 08-03-2024 at 8:28pm.