User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Hi all, Pete, aka Delron saying introducing myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, Pete, aka Delron saying introducing myself.

Hi all,

I'm very new to photography and soaking up lots of information as I go. My father was an avid photographer, and this was always something I found interesting but seemed such a step learning curve at that age. My real love is the stars, and I've played around with telescopes and binoculars on tripods with mobile phones over the years to take pictures. My father has recently passed away, and I have all of his old camera equipment, which has really sparked my desire to pursue this as a hobby.

I have recently bought a DJI Action 4 to use for some of my adventure filming and one of the new Hohem MT2's. Plus, I'm looking at purchasing a good astro camera. I have reviewed tons of videos and posts and feel that the Nikon Z6ii is the way to go.
    Anyway... that's enough from me, and I'm looking forward to taking some amazing pictures and time-lapse.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to AP, Pete. Join in and enjoy. The steep learning curve can be lessened through interaction, such as here on AP.

They are different systems that you talk about, but the thing is to get the most you can out of any system. For your astronomical
    interests, the Nikon sounds like it would be quite the go.

For your self-development here, involvement is the key. There are also learning facilities, too, which you will find in the Library, andto which
    there is a link on every page.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Pete and Welcome to AP.
    Sorry to hear about your Father though I reckon you would have picked up some good tips over the years from him.
    No idea what DJI Action 4 was so I googled it, what a amazing little camera that is.
    Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums so join right in and show us the Stars when you get that new camera

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020