User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Hi, I'm Dan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm Dan...

...and I like taking photos. At the moment mostly at gigs I go to on my D600 which I'm enjoying using quite a bit more than my older DX bodies.

I've joined up as I'm keen to take my photography further, have been thinking of some part time study in the form of a Cert IV, or some other short course, to improve my technical knowledge and ability...maybe

I haven't really shared a lot of my photography online but as I gain confidence that's what I kind of want to do!

First forum I've joined in years, looking forward to learning a bit!

Cheers,
    Dan

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Dan.
    Welcome to AP.

As you have described, a multi-path approach to develop your photography is a good idea.

AP can help in practical ways: take and display your photos for constructive critique - not just
    "likes". Ask relevant questions and tap the extensive knowledge and experience of the members.
    Use the site's resources, mostly in the Library. Links are at the tops of each page.

Lastly, from your description, you may be past Beginner level here on AP. Please refer to the guide
    on experience lecvels in the first point in the forum rules, and revise your level if you think it
    necessary.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 14-02-2024 at 9:03pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankyou! Yes that's what I'm here for!

Yes I will re read the forum guides - maybe I see myself as a beginner as a confidence things as much as anything else!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Dan and Welcome to AP. Join right in and start posting your images on the Forum
    Getting Help and CC will start You on your way to learning more about Photography.

I am mostly a Wildlife Shooter. I also enjoy Macro especially tiny Jumping Spiders and all kinds of Insects and Arachnids.
    Must not forget the Birds and the Flowers.... What type of Photography do you like ?

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! My interests are mostly live music photography, landscapes and a bit of street photography at the moment - I've never done any macro photography but definitely love bird and wildlife photography, pretty challenging though!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackangus View Post
    Thanks! My interests are mostly live music photography, landscapes and a bit of street photography at the moment - I've never done any macro photography but definitely love bird and wildlife photography, pretty challenging though!!
    Plenty of Landscape shooters on here Dan so you won't have any problems there getting Help.
    Birds is another one you should give Birding a go if you can, sometimes it challenging other times the Bird just sits on a branch and you click away