User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: 1/2 frame analogue auto camera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1/2 frame analogue auto camera

I must admit I'd never heard of a 1/2 frame analogue camera and hadn't come across a fully automatic camera without batteries.

This youtube is about an Olymus model and explains how it works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwm_Dya0PFQ&t=1126s

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh, this one below did have batteries, and you weren't plagued with having to turn
    the camera awkwardly upwards to take a landscape shots, as it was already turned up
    for you. Of course, for portraits... But it still felt OK.
    Yashica Samurai half frame camera

I took it on my first S America trip, chuffed at the idea of getting so many "extra shots"
    for the same price" - of the film only! Developing too cost the same, but PAYing for the
    double the number of prints became rather DISappointing because, to me at least, there
    was a noticeable drop in image quality compared to a full 35mm frame. - Luckily, I had
    one of those as well on that trip. I think I took it on a subsequent trip or two, but I was
    not as starry-eyed about my expectations.

What made it fun to use? - It's ease of operation.
    What happened to it? - I can't remember, but it stopped working.

Here's happy fellow - who looks remarkably like I do now I've got silver hair - trying to
    tell you its virtues... (Here it's called "Kyocera...")
    Last edited by ameerat42; 08-01-2024 at 12:32pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first camera was a 1/2 frame Richo E2 which I still have. I used to go for the 12 frame film rolls as I could usually get about 26 shots out of it. If I went with a 36 then it would seem to take forever to shoot the whole roll of about 76 shots. yes I used to get more than double the shots per roll.
    here is a link to one on the tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhhJj8R94mY
    Mat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] K-x, Sigma 18 - 125, Vivitar 100 - 300, RICOH KR10Super & KR10M (film), Filters, Tubes
    Flickr, RedBubble, Facebook

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the instamatic my 1st "proper" camera was a ricoh, but a full frame. All I could afford was B&W processing so perhaps if I'd known about 1/2 frame I might have been able to afford colour.

My ricoh wasn't an auto like the one in the video, but rather a ttl metering model, sort of. It had an optical viewfinder with a little level that went up and down on the rhs. When it was in the middle it was "right".