My old Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 which was working earlier this year had a malfunctioning printhead after I fitted a CISS to it for $170 from Rihac in Victoria. How odd! So then I bought a replacement print head from E-Bay from China but it would not work even with all cartridges fitted. So I bought another one from Melbourne saying it was Brand New but that failed too!!! Not happy, I complained and they sent me some instructions part of which was difficult to understand. So I asked again and they replied again. I still cannot understand that specific instruction. As yet I still have to remove the ET-8550 from my PC and put the Pro 9000 back in place to check out the specific instructions! This will be very time-consuming and detailed so it is yet to be trialled!!! If I can fix the Pro 9000 I will sell it of course. But I can't do that while it won't print. But in the meantime I got a little annoyed and had been looking for a new printer with ecotanks in an effort to save some money from continually replacing cartridges. I found the Epson ET-8550 which is an A3+ printer and have printed an A4 photo and an A3 photo and the stitched panorama sunset which I fitted on the 13" wide roll of Epson semi-gloss photo paper cu toff at 50.5". I have to say that I was excited at the result and was so pleased to see the print head do it's magical work!
One problem though is that the normal 16:9 camera format is nowhere near the A3 paper size!
The standard A3 frames available in all the shops are nowhere near the photo size at 16:9.
So you have to go to a picture framer to get your standard 16:9 aspect photo fitted to an A3 photo mount.
Why have all the makers/deciders got us into this situation? Is someone digging in their heels?
Or am I missing something here?