Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Noise reduction software - part 2

Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noise reduction software - part 2

This week I have been evaluating noice reduction software. In the mix was ON1, Topaz and DXO. In reality they all had their strengths and weaknesses so it really got down to pricing.

I decided to go with ON1 because I could get the total bundle of software for a subscription price of AUD $138 (+GST) per year. I like this option because after 12 months I can reevaluate my decision and decide if I will continue with ON1 or try one of the others.

I have started to process up some old photos from Europe. The first has always been a favourite. I was walking along the street in Rome when I could hear somebody playing the Cello - it sounded like he was playing in an amphitheater. It sounded like a whole orchestra, but when I turned the corner it was just a lone cello player. I quickly pulled out my 1DIV as the police were approaching him to move him on. Hand held it was shot at 1/60 with ISO 12800, f2.8. Needless to say it was fairly poor light. The first shot is the best I could do with LR, whereas the second shot is the improved version once run through ON1.

This next shot was one I just pulled and run through ON1 - I am please with the result

www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not "noice" reduction software, but "noice" improving...
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like what you have done in #2 and the sepia type colours suit it really well especially showing off the grain in the timber of the Cello adds a lovely touch

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020