Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Perpetually Bewildered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff79 View Post
    I think in essence, what I am asking is if there's a way to start the processing of your photo in ACR
    Hi Geoff,

[I'm a version or two behind with Adobe at the moment and pretty rusty as well, but this should be ok...]

When ACR opens you should see a field called "Profile" near the top of the right-side panel - it will probably have a default something like "Adobe Color". Just to the right of this is the "Browse Profiles" icon (3 rectangles and a magnifying glass) - click this to open the panel.

There should be an entry called "Camera Matching" - clicking this should open a selection of profiles that are available for your camera model. Just select the one you want. (Note that these are Adobe's interpretation of the profiles so may vary a bit from the camera).

If you want to pick up the profile from the camera automatically do this:
    From the main PS menu select Edit / Preferences / Camera Raw...
    This will open a dialog box. In the left-hand panel click on "Raw Defaults". The panel for this will show a field called "Global:" which will likely be set to "Adobe Default". Click this dropdown and select "Camera Settings". Then click "OK". When you open a raw file from then on, Adobe should read the camera settings from the file.

Additional note - if you have some 'standard' settings that you usually apply to most images (e.g. sharpening, noise reduction, etc) you might want to look at creating a preset. (A preset can be set up to run automatically when a file is loaded). Should be plenty of You Tube stuff on how to do this if interested.

Hope this helps...

Cheers.

- Phil.
    Last edited by fillum; 05-07-2022 at 1:12am. Reason: Formatting
    Phil.

Some Nikon stuff. I shoot Mirrorless and Mirrorlessless.