User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  24

View Poll Results: Do you use Adobe Lightroom / Photoshop CC?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use it but do not earn any money from photography

9 52.94%
  • Yes, and I can justify the cost as I earn some money from photography, even if it does not completely cover the cost of subscription

3 17.65%
  • No, I do not use it as I prefer other programs

3 17.65%
  • No, I don't use it as I cannot justify the cost

2 11.76%

Thread: To Adobe CC or not to CC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Adobe CC or not to CC

I've been on the verge for months, even years, but am still very hesitant to take the plunge.

But I'm curious. How many people use Photoshop / Lightroom CC?

And further to this, if yes, do you earn any sort of income at all from photography?

I'm still using CS6 and desperately want CC, mostly for the local adjustment features in Lightroom. I currently use an old version of Camera Raw for a lot of my editing, but it is pretty much all global adjustments (bar the gradient tool) and it means I process a lot of photos in a manner of "it'll have to do" because I don't bother opening each and every single photo in Photoshop to perform localised adjustments.

For my landscape shots, I do open them in Photoshop and try to utilise smart objects for local adjustments while still using RAW files, but it can be a bit of a pain. I watch bits on Youtube and see what you can do with Lightroom and it makes me salivate. I feel like I would end up editing over 70-80% of my photos in Lightroom alone if I owned it - landscape shots included.

But how can one justify the cost if one will never make any money from one's photography? I just think, I've spent that much on the gear and I spend so, so much time processing photos... is that enough justification in itself? Just not sure.

I see they offer a free trial, which I'd love to try, but that means upgrading my Mac OS, losing use of CS6 and thus creating a heap of irreversible hassles. So I feel like if I take the plunge it's permanent.

Curious how others here operate.

Do you use Abobe CC and earn money from photography?
    Or do you use it purely for your hobby?
    Or do you not use it as you cannot justify the cost?
    Last edited by Geoff79; 28-10-2021 at 8:38pm.