Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: WhatsApp stopped opening on my PC after the 15/10/21 update

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WhatsApp stopped opening on my PC after the 15/10/21 update

My PC will not open WhasApp since the update of 15/10/2021.
    It is a great inconvenience to me.
    I have searched the internet and got no joy. I rang my PC repair man to see if he could help but he couldn't other than ask me to bring my PC in for him to look at.
    I did find a website named realmicentral.com/ who seem to be aware of WhatsApp problems and sent a message to them on their Message Form yesterday but no reply so far.
    I said, "I've been without WhatsApp on my PC since 15/10/2021 so pretty fed up and looked on the internet for solutions but nothing I did made it open. Then . . . . found your website saying there was an update to WhatsApp on 15/10/2021. BINGO!
    I have Windows 10 version 21H2 although it says H1 somewhere else. It also shows the update for 15/10/2021 but it says version 2.2140.7 which doesn't seem to match your numbers.
    Also, when I right click on the WhatsApp icon in the bottom tray and then right click on it again from the small list it gives me a bigger list with Properties on it. Left click on Properties gives a big window with options. Click on Compatibility and it offers a box to tick next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for " and there offers a long list of Windows programs which end with Windows 8. No Windows 10? Is this a problem?
    Anyway, I can't open WhatsApp since this apparent update on 15/10/2021. Is there anything you can advise me to do to fix this problem please?"

Is anyone here able to help please?

Thanks,

Phil.
    Phil.
    Equipment: Panasonic Lumix G9, GX9, Panasonic Leica 100-400 f/4.0-6.3, Panasonic 14-140 f3.5-5.6, Panasonic 7-14mm f4, Weifeng WF-717A tripod, Manfrotto 560B-1 Monopod, Huawei P30 Pro.
    Software: Corel PaintShop Pro 2020 + Corel Painter Essentials 4
    - Beauty and Design in Nature - do you see it?

flickr

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There was a news article recently advising this would happen. It related to phones, but I wonder if you do not have a current OS on a PC, if the same thing is occuring.

"WhatsApp will end support on some old Android and iOS smartphones in 2021 according to reports.

The Facebook-owned messaging app will stop working on phones that are not running on at least iOS 9 or Android 4.0.3 operating systems."
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On your computer? Years ago I couldn't run it on Win 10, but I haven't tried since.
    If your "compatibility mode" ends in Win 8, try that.

If all else fails, Look at Viber - a similar alternative. It runs on Win 10 (the latest)
    as well as Android. It's pretty popular, and I now run both it and Whatsapp, as I
    have some Whatsappophobes as contacts
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick, I have the latest OS on my phone and I have Windows 10 version 21H2 on my PC so I have no idea why it suddenly stopped operating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    On your computer? Years ago I couldn't run it on Win 10, but I haven't tried since.
    If your "compatibility mode" ends in Win 8, try that.

If all else fails, Look at Viber - a similar alternative. It runs on Win 10 (the latest)
    as well as Android. It's pretty popular, and I now run both it and Whatsapp, as I
    have some Whatsappophobes as contacts
    It has been working on Windows 10 for at least a year and maybe even much longer. I don't have Windows 8 or any of the earlier versions.
    I won't use Viber as it can be hacked easily by schoolchildren as it happened to my friend's wife.

Still no reply from realmicentral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phil777 View Post
    My PC will not open WhasApp since the update of 15/10/2021.
    It is a great inconvenience to me.
    I have searched the internet and got no joy. I rang my PC repair man to see if he could help but he couldn't other than ask me to bring my PC in for him to look at.
    I did find a website named realmicentral.com/ who seem to be aware of WhatsApp problems and sent a message to them on their Message Form yesterday but no reply so far.
    I said, "I've been without WhatsApp on my PC since 15/10/2021 so pretty fed up and looked on the internet for solutions but nothing I did made it open. Then . . . . found your website saying there was an update to WhatsApp on 15/10/2021. BINGO!
    I have Windows 10 version 21H2 although it says H1 somewhere else. It also shows the update for 15/10/2021 but it says version 2.2140.7 which doesn't seem to match your numbers.
    Also, when I right click on the WhatsApp icon in the bottom tray and then right click on it again from the small list it gives me a bigger list with Properties on it. Left click on Properties gives a big window with options. Click on Compatibility and it offers a box to tick next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for " and there offers a long list of Windows programs which end with Windows 8. No Windows 10? Is this a problem?
    Anyway, I can't open WhatsApp since this apparent update on 15/10/2021. Is there anything you can advise me to do to fix this problem please?"

Is anyone here able to help please?

Thanks,

Phil.
    Right, well just found this article which is 100% accurate and I applied the solution and am now using an earlier version of WhatsApp on my PC, namely 2.2138.13.
    Why? Because WhatsApp engineers have stuffed up big time with the latest version according to the authors of this article written just 3 days ago!
    https://websetnet.net/quick-fix-for-...not-launching/

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good. And what I meant is to select Win8 in the compatibility box. You don't have to have/have had it installed.