Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Shooting rainbows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shooting rainbows

Hi there,

Im new to the whole forum situation and wanted to know how other people try to tackle rainbow photos. Does anyone have any tricks or are there a general set of rules to try and make the colours jump out. I've only been shooting with my Canon 20D and this was my first attempt trying to shoot one. I know its a tad grainy and that it does take away from it. I had heard that polarizer filter helps but i'm not sure it did in this situation. Also how is the best way to set he white balance for this situation, I left it on manual cause I was unsure exactly... Any advice or or suggestions is welcomed!

thanks,
    don

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rainbows come and go pretty quickly so just grab what you can, how you can, when you can. White balance; use auto. The fix up is just to give you an idea or two. Added contrast with levels. add colour to r/bow with sponge tool; lightened the cliff with dodge tool and changed cliff colour with levels.

I think I may have made that sound a bit daunting for you. Don't worry about it, just put it in the memory box for later.

That's a good photo i really like it. Keep them coming

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images