Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Does anybody have an affinity for Affinity Photo

Austog Irregular Regular markdphotography's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anybody have an affinity for Affinity Photo

This software has been getting a bit of a wrap lately in some forums and groups especially around 360degree and 3D imaging.

The word is that it handles this much better than PS.

As it is on special for the next 14 days at half price (less than $40 AUD) and no suscription, has anyone got any experience with it.

PS - it is available for PC, Mac and ipad.

Keen to hear what others think?
    Cameras capture light, minds capture images.

Website Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't comment on the 360 degree and 3D imaging because I haven't done any of that. I downloaded Affinity once (it was free then). Seemed pretty easy to use with probably similar capacities to PS and oodles of online tutorials. However, I have become so used to using Photoshop that I am basically indentured labour for Adobe. I can't swap sides. Put simply, I have spent so much time learning Photoshop that I really don't need the hassle of unlearning it. $40 for a lifetime licence seems more than reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I just checked and it was "Affinity Photo Public Beta" that I installed. So possibly a trial / test?...and it has expired.
    Last edited by Hawthy; 16-03-2021 at 9:08pm.
    Andrew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just updated to version 1.91. I think it is the latest version. I bought it for half price some time ago but haven't used it much. I haven't used 3D features, so I can't assess that.

I bought it because I mainly use Lightroom and Photoshop Elements, with Nik and masking plugins. As I am too stingy right now to subscribe for full Photoshop, I can't compare any software with that. A few years ago I wanted to find a single program that could process RAW and edit in layers, rather than using two programs. I tried On1 Raw, but it was slow and unstable, so I then tried Affinity Photo.

It is quite powerful and good value for money , especially when discounted. The interface is very different to my other programs, and I lost patience and went back to Lightroom and Elements. However, the updates have prompted me to return and learn how to navigate the tools. I don't know that I'll learn much quickly enough to help you. If I am confident I can offer an opinion in the next week or so, I'll post again.

Austog Irregular Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. I jumped in and bought a copy for half price (less than $40) which is on special for another 13 days or so.

This is the latest version so when the rain stops and I can get a new panorama I will give it a go.

Cheers

Mark