Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Notifications Problems

Austog Irregular Regular markdphotography's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notifications Problems

For some time I have been having problems that I am not getting Notifictions. I have checked My Settings as noted in a similar post/thread and even reset them. I have Googled the problem but most results are from a Moderator perspective. I also checked my subscriptions and they show Instanlt By Email (which is now the Default). They are not in my SPAM folder. Any other ideas?

AP-General-Settings.jpg

AP-Suscription-Settings.jpg

Mark

PS I have multiple emails so could try another public domain email in case it is associated with my domain email?
    YOLO - take photos of your adventures. Photos are a time machine in disguise.

Perfect is the enemy of good, bad or nothing at all is the enemy of good - BE GOOD.

Insta Colour Insta Infrared Facebook YouTube

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, do one more check.

On the item immediately below what you've shown above there's
    "Default Thread Subscription Mode:"

In its explanatory text there is an active link to "your list of subscribed threads"...
    Click on that and just check what the notification status is for your subscribed threads.
    Pls then let us know, and we can go from there.

Else, I wonder if there's some setting to block emails from AP in your email account

Trying another account may work if it has no such block set.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 17-02-2021 at 4:25am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you logout of AP or do you just stay logged in all the time?

The most common cause of this is related to your AP cookie. It could be corrupt. Try logging out of the site, clearing cache in your browser and logging back in. If that does not work, in your browser, logout of AP, clear cookies and then log back in. This should create a new cookie for AP. Resetting that will often fix these unusual issues that people experience from time to time.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The other question is have you recently changed the email address on your account Mark? Sometimes when you change email, the site seems to get confused and doesn't swap older subscribed threads, to the new email address. If you have done this, let me know and I can run a script to resolve this.

Austog Irregular Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    The other question is have you recently changed the email address on your account Mark? Sometimes when you change email, the site seems to get confused and doesn't swap older subscribed threads, to the new email address. If you have done this, let me know and I can run a script to resolve this.
    Hi Rick - no I have not dome that but will review the other 2 options. From memory I already checked the settings as suggested by AM and could see my Notification Subscriptions. I think I already Reset or Changed them all and set them back again to Instantly.

Re browser cache, two things fistly this is a new PC, secondly I often Clear My Browser Cache but I will look at it again and advise.

Thanks for your reply.

Mark

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    First, do one more check.

On the item immediately below what you've shown above there's
    "Default Thread Subscription Mode:"

In its explanatory text there is an active link to "your list of subscribed threads"...
    Click on that and just check what the notification status is for your subscribed threads.
    Pls then let us know, and we can go from there.

Else, I wonder if there's some setting to block emails from AP in your email account

Trying another account may work if it has no such block set.
    Hi Am

I am replying from another browser after restting the browser cache as suggested by Rick.

There are no block settings in my email application that I am aware of. I have checked my Blocked Senders List in Outlook (Desktop PC and no AP addresses in the List). Not sure if this is the problem as if it was then I would still see the email in my mobile phone that uses Samsung email.

Rick - no I have not updated my email address.

Here are the screenshots.

Replies-to-Subscribed-Threads-Notification-Settings-Link.jpg

Subscribed-Threads-List.jpg

The mystery continues.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark,

You had a lot of subscribed threads (several hundred). I just tried something. I unsubscribed you to every thread you had subscribed to, that was over 30 days old.

There has been discussion about issues when people had a lot of subscribed threads. So I have removed all the order ones, to see if this impacts your ability to get new subscription alerts. Please let me now.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi again Mark.

I have sent you a test email from the site, directly from the server. I tracked this email as far as I could and it was sent successfully and we did not get any bounce-back notification that the email could not be delivered at all. Please check my PM to you.